Subject: [mpls] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-te-bypass-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: P2MP MPLS-TE Fast Reroute with P2MP Bypass Tunnels
	Author(s)	: J. Le Roux
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-te-bypass-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-2-27
	
This document defines procedures for fast reroute protection of  
   Point-To-MultiPoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths  
   (TE-LSP) in  MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks, based  
   upon Point-To-MultiPoint Bypass Tunnels. The motivation for using   
   P2MP Bypass Tunnels is to avoid potentially expensive data   
   duplication along the backup path that could occur if Point-To-Point  
   Bypass Tunnels were used, i.e., to optimize the bandwidth usage,  
   during fast reroute protection of a link or a node. During link or  
   node failure the traffic carried onto a protected P2MP TE-LSP is  
   tunnelled within one or several P2MP Bypass Tunnels towards a set of  
   Merge Points. To avoid data duplication, backup labels (i.e., inner  
   labels) are assigned by the Point of Local Repair (PLR) according to      
   the RSVP-TE upstream label assignment procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-te-bypass-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-te-bypass-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-te-bypass-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls