Subject: [mpls] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-08]

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:48:08 +0100

Working Group,

version -08 of the draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def addresses
all the comments received during IETF last call.

No major changes, but a lot of typos, grammar and acronym
expanding. We've re-ordered section 2.4 to make it clearer.
We have also re-named (re-numbered) one of the figures, figure 1
is repeated twice in the draft; the figure as it appears in
the RFC is still called Figure 1, while the new figure is
called "Figure 1 new", this is to make possible to reference
to the figures in draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def separately.

Thanks for all the help progressing this.

/Loa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-08
Date: Fri,  5 Dec 2008 08:32:14 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-08.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Loa Andersson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def
Revision:	 08
Title:		 Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) label stack entry: "EXP"
field renamed to "Traffic Class" field
Creation_date:	 2008-12-05
WG ID:		 mpls
Number_of_pages: 18

Abstract:
The early Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) documents defined the
form of the MPLS Label Stack entry.  This includes a three bit field
called the "EXP field".  The exact use of this field was not defined
by these documents, except to state that it was to be "reserved for
experimental use".

Although the intended use of the EXP field was as a "Class of
Service" (CoS) field, it was not named the CoS field by these early
documents because the use of such a CoS field was not considered to
be sufficiently defined.  Today a number of standards documents
define its usage as a CoS field. .

To avoid misunderstanding about how this field may be used, it has
become increasingly necessary to rename this field.  This document
changes the name of the field to the "Traffic Class field" ("TC
field".)  In doing so it also updates documents that define the
current use of the EXP this field.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Redback Networks                      phone: +46 8 632 77 14
An Ericsson Company
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Igor Bryskin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:41:46 -0500

Hi, Happy New Year to everybody!

I couldn't find the minutes. Could somebody send me or point to?

Thanks,
Igor