Subject: [mpls] about MIPs defination in MPLS-TP OAM framework Draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:18:28 +0800

hi, all
 today I review mpls-tp OAM framework Draft, at section 3.3 Maintenance 
Intermediate Points (MIPs) , there is a sentence "A MIP belongs to only 
one ME", I don't understand what is meaning . for a MIP of ME , it must 
belong to the ME, is it possible that a MIP belongs to two different ME? 
if the answer is no, I think the sentence will not be necessary here and 
delete the sentence, so that it is difficult to  understand the sentence 
for people.

regards
liu

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: "Maarten Vissers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:26:49 +0100

Liu,
 
When a connection includes more then on ME (e.g. three nested MEs) and a MIP
in an interface port which is located within ME1, ME2 and ME 3, then the OAM
packets from ME 1, ME 2 and ME 3 will pass thorugh this MIP. The referred
sentence is included to highlight that this MIP will only react to OAM
packetrs from the lowest ME (ME 3), and will not react to OAM packets from
higher MEs (ME 1 and ME 2).
 
Regards,
Maarten

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: vrijdag 20 maart 2009 10:18
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls-tp] about MIPs defination in MPLS-TP OAM framework Draft

hi, all 
 today I review mpls-tp OAM framework Draft, at section 3.3 Maintenance
Intermediate Points (MIPs) , there is a sentence "A MIP belongs to only one
ME", I don't understand what is meaning . for a MIP of ME , it must belong
to the ME, is it possible that a MIP belongs to two different ME? if the
answer is no, I think the sentence will not be necessary here and delete the
sentence, so that it is difficult to  understand the sentence for people. 

regards 
liu

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:09:57 -0000

I think a MIP is a logical functional entity, not a physical presence.

Thanks,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Maarten Vissers" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [mpls] [mpls-tp] about MIPs defination in MPLS-TP OAM 
frameworkDraft

> one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>