Subject: [mpls] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5331 (1702)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:17:04 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5331,
"MPLS Upstream Label Assignment and Context-Specific Label Space".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5331&eid=1702

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 9

Original Text
-------------
   A typical use case of upstream-assigned labels is for MPLS multicast
   and is described here for illustration.  This use case arises when an
   upstream LSR Ru is adjacent to several downstream LSRs <Rd1...Rdn> in
|  an LSP, LSP1 AND Ru is connected to <Rd1...Rdn> via a multi-access
   media or tunnel, AND Ru wants to transmit a single copy of an MPLS
   packet on the LSP to <Rd1...Rdn>.  [...]

Corrected Text
--------------
   A typical use case of upstream-assigned labels is for MPLS multicast
   and is described here for illustration.  This use case arises when an
   upstream LSR Ru is adjacent to several downstream LSRs <Rd1...Rdn> in
|  an LSP, LSP1, AND Ru is connected to <Rd1...Rdn> via a multi-access
               ^
   media or tunnel, AND Ru wants to transmit a single copy of an MPLS
   packet on the LSP to <Rd1...Rdn>.  [...]

Notes
-----
Rationale:
  The missing comma distorts the sense (giving the subject LSP a name,
  "LSP1") and visually binds "LSP1" too much to the "AND".
  Maybe it would have been preferable to also insert "say" for clarity:
    "... and LSP, say LSP1, AND ..."

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5331 (draft-ietf-mpls-upstream-label-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : MPLS Upstream Label Assignment and Context-Specific Label Space
Publication Date    : August 2008
Author(s)           : R. Aggarwal, Y. Rekhter, E. Rosen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG