Subject: [mpls] Your comment to the draft-boutros-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv presentation yesterday in the MPLS WG.

From: Sami Boutros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:39:11 -0700

Hi Italo,

The draft is about a new LSP Ping TLV that can be used to allow the 
verification of a segment of a MS-PW or a bidir co-routed LSP.

The mechanisms will be used for LSP Ping on demand CV only, i.e. this 
is not going to be used by all OAM functions.

Given that, if the # of hops in a given segment change due to FRR, 
then there will either be no reply for the LSP Ping echo request, or 
a reply will come from the wrong node, in either case the user 
issuing the on demand CV can simply re-send the request with the TTL 
TLV specifying the new # of hops.

Thanks,

Sami

---

From: "BUSI, ITALO (ITALO)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:43:49 +0200

Sami,

Your reply fully address my concerns ;-)

Thanks, Italo

> -----Messaggio originale-----
> Da: Sami Boutros [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Inviato: martedì 27 luglio 2010 9.39
> A: BUSI, ITALO (ITALO)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Oggetto: Your comment to the draft-boutros-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv
> presentation yesterday in the MPLS WG.
> 
> Hi Italo,
>