Subject: [mpls] Ask for comments for draft-jin-mpls-mldp-leaf-discovery-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 07:45:10 +0800

Dear all experts,
An updated version of draft-jin-mpls-mldp-leaf-discovery-01 is available, 
and I sincerely ask for comments from you. This mechanism solves the 
problem where the application use mLDP P2MP LSP setup by other 
applications, e.g, static configuration. Please see the section 2 
"motivation and problem statement" for detail. The main updated content is 
to add leaf discovery mechanism based on MP-BGP and it depends on 
application to choose which mechanism to choose. That's because different 
applications may require different signaling mechanism to do the mldp leaf 
discovery.

Abstract of the draft:
This document describes a mechanism for a root node to discover the leaf 
nodes of an mLDP based P2MP/MP2MP LSP.  Such kind of function can then be 
used for multiplexing/aggregating various applications relying on mLDP as 
the P2MP/MP2MP LSP setup.  Examples of such applications are P2MP PW 
[I-D.draft-martini-pwe3-p2mp-pw], VPLS multicast 
[I-D.draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast], L3VPN multicast 
[I-D.draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast].

Best Regards
Lizhong

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.