Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'MPLS Transport Profile Data Plane Architecture' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:57:40 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'MPLS Transport Profile Data Plane Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-data-plane-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-data-plane-04.txt

Technical Summary

  The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is the set of functions that 
  meet the requirements in RFC5654. The MPLS transport Profile allow
  the deployment and operation of of MPLS based packet-switched 
  transport networks.  MPLS-based packet transport networks
  are defined and described in MPLS-TP Framework.

  This document defines the set of functions that comprise the MPLS-TP
  data plane: the architectural layer concerned with the encapsulation
  and forwarding of packets within an MPLS-TP network.  This layer is
  based on the data plane architectures for MPLS (RFC3031) and
  (RFC3032)) and for Pseudowires (RFC3985).

Working Group Summary

  Since the document is an output from the MPLS-TP project it is the 
  joint output of several IETF working groups and Qustion 9, 10, 12 and
  14 of ITU-T SG15.

Document Quality

   The document is well reviewed in all the groups mentioned above.
   Relevant content can frequently be found in the abstract
   and/or introduction of the document.  If not, this may be 
   an indication that there are deficiencies in the abstract
   or introduction.

Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.