Subject: Re: [mpls] [MPLS] Next hop address in mLDP

From: IJsbrand Wijnands <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:11:08 +0200

Hi Lizhong,

About your comment at the mic.

I guess this is the question that did not get addressed in the latest revision, sorry about that.

I'll discuss with the c-authors and get back to you.

Thx,

Ice.

On 18 Jun 2010, at 17:06, [email-masked] wrote:

> Hi Ice,
> For draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-09, on a LAN, the procedures discussed 
> supports that the upstream LSR can send a copy of the packet to each 
> receiver individually. The question is how to get the next hop address for 
> each receiver? There maybe the following method:
> 1. upstream LSP gets an IP address A from the downstream receiver, either 
> the hello packet source address or transport address;
> 2. looking up the local IP forwarding table for the address A, and check 
> if the corresponding next hop address is in the LDP session address list. 
> If it is, then the next hop address is found, if not, then next hop 
> address found failure.
> 
> I think some description is necessary in the draft about this.
> 
> BR
> Lizhong
> 
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------
> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
> This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:26:33 +0800

Dear Ice,
Thank you for your reply. Just because I think this issue is important. 
That's great we will address this issue in the new version.

BR
Lizhong

IJsbrand Wijnands <[email-masked]> 
2010-07-27 00:11

To
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
Subject
Re: [mpls] [MPLS] Next hop address in mLDP

Hi Lizhong,

I guess this is the question that did not get addressed in the latest 
revision, sorry about that.

Thx,

Ice.

> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail 
is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication 
is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy 
and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and 
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are 
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the 
originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those 
of the individual sender.