Subject: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-yang-mpls-ff-01

From: "Y. R. Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:18:45 -0400

Hi,

We have submitted a draft, available at:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-yang-mpls-ff-01.txt

The proposal is motivated by some recent studies available at:
http://cs-www.cs.yale.edu/homes/yry/projects/reinforce/r3-sigcomm10.pdf
http://www-net.cs.yale.edu/publications/WYLW07.pdf (Section 3.4)
http://www-net.cs.yale.edu/publications/WXQY06.pdf

In the orignal papers, we called the scheme flow-based routing, and in 
the -01 ID, we changed the name to be fractional forwarding to avoid 
potential confusions.

We feel that proposed scheme can be a good bridge to transfer recent new 
capabilities into practice. Thus, any comments or suggestions, in 
particular from this community, will be highly helpful and thus appreciated!

Regards,

Richard Yang
http://www.cs.yale.edu/~yry/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-yang-mpls-ff-01
Date: 	Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:11:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-yang-mpls-ff-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Yang Yang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-yang-mpls-ff
Revision:	 01
Title:		 MPLS-ff for Supporting Fractional Forwarding
Creation_date:	 2010-07-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
A fractional-forwarding scheme is a highly compact, flexible scheme
for specify routing for both traffic engineering (TE) and fast
rerouting.  The ability of fractional forwarding can be a key benefit
of MPLS over OSPF/IS-IS.  Many highly effective TE algorithms are
proposed and evaluated based on fractional forwarding.

In this document, we propose MPLS-ff, an extension to MPLS to allow
efficient implementation of fractional forwarding.  We present the
required extensions in the MPLS data forwarding plane.  We also list
the requirements in signaling for MPLS-ff.

The IETF Secretariat.