Subject: [mpls] FW: New Version Notification for draft-yong-pwe3-lfc-fat-pw-01

From: Yong Lucy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 14:01:44 -0500

Look forward to hearing your feedbacks on this in Maastricht. -Lucy

A new version of I-D, draft-yong-pwe3-lfc-fat-pw-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Lucy Yong and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-yong-pwe3-lfc-fat-pw
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Large Flow Classification in Flow Aware Transport over PSN
Creation_date:	 2010-07-11
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 17

Abstract:
Network traffic has shown the combination of few very high bit rate
flows (large flow) and a huge amount of very low bit rate flows
(small flow), which causes uneven load balance over ECMP or LAG.
Differentiating large flow and small flow packets in IP/MPLS
networks enables an enhanced ECMP transport. Enhanced ECMP applies
different distribution methods to large flow packets and small flow
packets to improve the load balance and congestion control. This
draft proposes large flow classification scheme for flow awareness
transport in PSN.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:07:27 -0400

> successfully submitted by Lucy Yong and posted to the IETF repository.

I thought this was presented and soundly rejected at the prior meeting.

Curtis

---

From: Yong Lucy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:09:04 -0500

Hi Curtis,

We discussed this in IETF 77. There are quite comments on this. We have sent
out the response to address comments and revise the draft based on the
comments.

The main change on this draft is to move enhanced ECMP section to Appendix
and make draft to focus on large flow classification in flow aware
transport. Appendix just gives one example how large flow classification can
benefit load balance over ECMP. 

IETF is the community to voice different opinions on a subject. We hope that
we can reasonably address different opinions and get the community support
it eventually.

Regards,
Lucy 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:07 PM
> To: Yong Lucy
> Cc: 'pwe3'; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [PWE3] FW: New Version Notification for draft-yong-pwe3-lfc-
> fat-pw-01
> 
>