Subject: [mpls] Questions of MPLS-TP LSP labeling

From: Velan S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:12:12 -0800

Hi Experts,

I have few questions and clarifications on MPLS-TP LSP labeling before I
speed up into MPLS-TP world.

1. Is MPLS-TP LSP uses special label value allocated static/dynamically. ?

2. why MPLS-TP LSP needs to be bidirectional and does each LSR/LER need to
bind the bi-directional LSP's association.?

3. My assumption is that MPLS-TP lsp is nothing but normal LSP created
statically/dynamically used to carry data and in-band channel information
over it.?

4. My assumption is that each Pseudowire data circuit will have 1:1
MPLS-TP Pseudowire for in-band channel communication to operate OAM function
on Pseudowire.?

5. Is bi-directional LSP symmeric  or not?

6. If it is Asymmetric, if one direction of the MPLS-TP lsp goes down, do we
need to make other direction of the paired LSP to  make it down.?

Please clarify my question.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Velan.S

---

From: "Santiago Alvarez (saalvare)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 01:29:05 -0800

You may want to read RFC 5586, RFC 5654, RFC 5860, RFC 5921. Hope that
helps.

Cheers.

SA

--

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Velan S
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 6:12 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Questions of MPLS-TP LSP labeling

Hi Experts,

1. Is MPLS-TP LSP uses special label value allocated static/dynamically.
?

2. why MPLS-TP LSP needs to be bidirectional and does each LSR/LER need
to bind the bi-directional LSP's association.?

3. My assumption is that MPLS-TP lsp is nothing but normal LSP created
statically/dynamically used to carry data and in-band channel
information over it.?

4. My assumption is that each Pseudowire data circuit will have 1:1
MPLS-TP Pseudowire for in-band channel communication to operate OAM
function on Pseudowire.?

6. If it is Asymmetric, if one direction of the MPLS-TP lsp goes down,
do we need to make other direction of the paired LSP to  make it down.?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Velan.S