Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'MPLS Upstream Label Assignment for LDP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-upstream-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:22:57 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS Upstream Label Assignment for LDP'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-upstream-10.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-upstream/

Technical Summary

  The document describes procedures for distributing upstream-assigned
  labels for the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP). It also describes 
  how these procedures can be used for avoiding branch LSR traffic
  replication on a LAN for LDP point-to-multipoint (P2MP)LSPs.

Working Group Summary

  Nothing to report

Document Quality

  There is at least one implementation that we know of.

Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Section 3

s/MUST be carried only LDP initialization messages/MUST be carried only in LDP initialization messages/

---

Section 4.1

OLD
As described in [RFC5331] an upstream LSR Ru MAY transmit a MPLS packet, the
top label of which (L) is upstream-assigned, to a downstream LSR Rd.
NEW
As described in [RFC5331], a specific upstream LSR (Ru) MAY transmit an MPLS
packet, the top label of which (L) is upstream-assigned, to it downstream
neighbor LSR (Rd).
END

---

Section 8

OLD
   The security considerations discussed in RFC 5036, RFC 5331 and RFC
   5332 apply to this document.
NEW
   The security considerations discussed in [RFC5036], [RFC5331] and 
   [RFC5332] apply to this document.
END

---

Sections 10.1/10.2

    Please move [RFC5561] from Informative to Normative.

---

Section 10.2

   Note that [MPLS-SEC] is now RFC 5920.