Subject: [mpls] New Liaison Statement, "LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional transport environment"

From: Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

Title: LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional transport environment
Submission Date: 2011-03-14
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=1033 
Please reply by 2011-04-01

From: Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <[email-masked]>
To: IESG, IAB, IETF MPLS WG([email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked])
Cc: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
Reponse Contact: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
Technical Contact: [email-masked]
Purpose: For action 
Body: At the February meeting of ITU-T Study Group 15, we have reached the conclusion that the needs of many of the operators participating in this work are not met by the solutions currently under development in the IETF. Therefore, we have decided to progress this work through ITU-T Recommendations. We request that the IETF provide the necessary G-ACh codepoint allocations to support this work through advancement of draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn. Note that we have done additional work during this meeting to more clearly define the network environment for this application and produced a scope of applicability in TD522/WP3 (attached). draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn will be updated to include this scope statement.
The use of this G-ACh code point will fully comply with the framework and architecture for MPLS-TP that is currently being defined by IETF in cooperation with ITU-T.  Allocation of this code point will allow ITU-T to develop the tools required to address the unique needs of the transport network and will make more efficient use of the resources of both organizations.  Providing this codepoint will allow ITU-T to satisfy the immediate needs expressed at the recent Study Group 15 meeting recognizing that it is very important for ITU-T and IETF to provide timely solutions to maintain support for the MPLS-TP agreements.

Attach: TD522/WP3 and C-1124 Appendix I.
Attachment(s):
     LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional transport environment - pdf body (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1208.pdf)
     LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional transport environment - pdf TD522/WP3 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1209.pdf)
     LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional transport environment - pdf C-1124 Appendix I (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1210.pdf)

---

From: Larry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 00:18:38 +0800 (CST)

Support!

*************************************************************************
Han Li, Ph.D 
China Mobile Research Institute
Unit 2, 28 Xuanwumenxi Ave, Xuanwu District, Beijing 100053, China 
Fax: +86 10 63601087 
MOBILE: 13501093385 
*************************************************************************

--- 11年3月14日，周一, Greg Jones <[email-masked]> 写道：

> 发件人: Greg Jones <[email-masked]>
> 主题: [mpls] New Liaison Statement, "LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional transport environment"
> 收件人: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 抄送: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 日期: 2011年3月14日,周一,下午11:46
> 
> Title: LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to
> support traditional transport environment
> Body: At the February meeting of ITU-T Study Group 15, we
> have reached the conclusion that the needs of many of the
> operators participating in this work are not met by the
> solutions currently under development in the IETF.
> Therefore, we have decided to progress this work through
> ITU-T Recommendations. We request that the IETF provide the
> necessary G-ACh codepoint allocations to support this work
> through advancement of draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn. Note that
> we have done additional work during this meeting to more
> clearly define the network environment for this application
> and produced a scope of applicability in TD522/WP3
> (attached). draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn will be updated to
> include this scope statement.
> The use of this G-ACh code point will fully comply with the
> framework and architecture for MPLS-TP that is currently
> being defined by IETF in cooperation with ITU-T. 
> Allocation of this code point will allow ITU-T to develop
> the tools required to address the unique needs of the
> transport network and will make more efficient use of the
> resources of both organizations.  Providing this
> codepoint will allow ITU-T to satisfy the immediate needs
> expressed at the recent Study Group 15 meeting recognizing
> that it is very important for ITU-T and IETF to provide
> timely solutions to maintain support for the MPLS-TP
> agreements.
> 
>      LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel
> codepoint to support traditional transport environment - pdf
> body (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1208.pdf)
>      LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel
> codepoint to support traditional transport environment - pdf
> TD522/WP3 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1209.pdf)
>      LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel
> codepoint to support traditional transport environment - pdf
> C-1124 Appendix I (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1210.pdf)
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:00:23 -0400

Do we have time to wait until we meet in Prague to develop a response to this liaison by Apr 1.

- Ralph

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:53:46 -0400

Please ignore; this was intended for the IESG.

- Ralph

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:06:32 -0500

This liaison and draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn should be discussed during the 
next IETF meeting.  I have request a slot for a presentation in the MPLS 
WG meeting.

Regards,

Malcolm

Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
14/03/2011 11:46 AM
Please respond to
[email-masked]

To
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
Subject
[mpls] New Liaison Statement, "LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint 
to support traditional transport environment"

Title: LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional 
transport environment
Submission Date: 2011-03-14
URL of the IETF Web page: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=1033 
Please reply by 2011-04-01

From: Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <[email-masked]>
To: IESG, IAB, IETF MPLS 
WG([email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked])
Cc: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
Reponse Contact: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
Technical Contact: [email-masked]
Purpose: For action 
Body: At the February meeting of ITU-T Study Group 15, we have reached the 
conclusion that the needs of many of the operators participating in this 
work are not met by the solutions currently under development in the IETF. 
Therefore, we have decided to progress this work through ITU-T 
Recommendations. We request that the IETF provide the necessary G-ACh 
codepoint allocations to support this work through advancement of 
draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn. Note that we have done additional work during 
this meeting to more clearly define the network environment for this 
application and produced a scope of applicability in TD522/WP3 (attached). 
draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn will be updated to include this scope statement.
The use of this G-ACh code point will fully comply with the framework and 
architecture for MPLS-TP that is currently being defined by IETF in 
cooperation with ITU-T.  Allocation of this code point will allow ITU-T to 
develop the tools required to address the unique needs of the transport 
network and will make more efficient use of the resources of both 
organizations.  Providing this codepoint will allow ITU-T to satisfy the 
immediate needs expressed at the recent Study Group 15 meeting recognizing 
that it is very important for ITU-T and IETF to provide timely solutions 
to maintain support for the MPLS-TP agreements.

Attach: TD522/WP3 and C-1124 Appendix I.
Attachment(s):
     LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional 
transport environment - pdf body (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1208.pdf)
     LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional 
transport environment - pdf TD522/WP3 (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1209.pdf)
     LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional 
transport environment - pdf C-1124 Appendix I (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1210.pdf)

---

From: Huang Feng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:44:59 +0800

+1
It is an important issue for MPLA group, it should be discussied!

Feng
发自我的 iPhone

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:51:17 +0800

Hi All,

I support to present this important issue in MPLS WG meeting and let all
the people interested in MPLS-TP know it.

BR,
Jian

                                                                           
             Malcolm.BETTS@                                                
             zte.com.cn                                                    
             发件人:                                                收件人 
             mpls-bounces@i         [email-masked]                          
             etf.org                                                  抄送 
                                    [email-masked], [email-masked],      
                                    [email-masked], [email-masked],         
             2011-03-18             [email-masked],                   
             05:06                  [email-masked], [email-masked]        
                                                                      主题 
                                    Re: [mpls] New Liaison Statement,      
                                    "LS293 - Request for G-ACh channel     
                                    codepoint to support traditional       
                                    transport environment"                 

                                                                           

This liaison and draft-tsb-mpls-tp-ach-ptn should be discussed during the
next IETF meeting.  I have request a slot for a presentation in the MPLS WG
meeting.

Regards,

Malcolm

 Greg Jones                                                                
 (ITU-T SG 15)                                                             
 <tsbsg15@itu.                                                          To 
 int>               [email-masked], [email-masked],                     
 Sent by:           [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]      
 mpls-bounces@                                                          cc 
 ietf.org           [email-masked], [email-masked],                    
                    [email-masked],                                    
                    [email-masked],                   
 14/03/2011         [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],    
 11:46 AM           [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],    
                    [email-masked]                               
                                                                   Subject 
     Please         [mpls] New Liaison Statement, "LS293 - Request for     
   respond to       G-ACh channel codepoint to support traditional         
  tsbsg15@itu.      transport environment"                                 
      int                                                                  

                                                                           

From: Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <[email-masked]>
To: IESG, IAB, IETF MPLS WG
([email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked])

Cc: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
that it is very important for ITU-T and IETF to provide timely solutions to
maintain support for the MPLS-TP agreements.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:59:41 +0800

Hi All，

I support to present this important issue in MPLS WG meeting and let All
the people interested in MPLS-TP know it.

BR,

Jian

                                                                           
             Malcolm.BETTS@                                                
             zte.com.cn                                                    
             发件人:                                                收件人 

                                                                           

Regards,

Malcolm

 Greg Jones                                                                
 (ITU-T SG 15)                                                             
 <tsbsg15@itu.                                                          To 

                                                                           

Cc: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]