Subject: [mpls] merging two draft: "OAM Analysis" and "OAM toolset"

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:38:00 +0100

Working Group,

Early in the process of defining the MLS-TP OAM tool set we agreed
on a document called "OAM Analysis". The main purpose of the document
was to define the OAM functionality need and also look into how
much of this already was present in existing MPLS specifications
and to advice on what needed to be specified as new work. This
document has served its purpose well and has been an important piece
in the creating a coherent MLS-TP OAM solution.

At one point in time it was realized that it would be beneficial to
split the draft into two different drafts - one that gives an
overview of the MLS-TP OAM tool set and another that documented the
more "tutorial" parts of the earlier document.

The working group chairs instructed the authors of the OAM Analysis
document to split the document along those lines.

This was reported and agreed in Maastricht.

Recently a new document "MPLS-TP OAM Toolset" was published, it is
clear that there is a substantial overlap between the two documents
and that the goals are very similar.

After discussion with the co-authors the working group co-chairs has
instructed the co-authors to merge the two documents into a single,
using the title "Overview of the OAM Tool Set for MPLS based Transport
Networks" and publish it with the file name 
"draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-04"

Loa
for the MPLS Working Group co-chairs.
-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13

---

From: "Luyuan Fang (lufang)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:17:14 -0500

Dear colleagues,

The MPLS 2011 International Conference, the 14th Annual International
Conference on MPLS and Related Technologies, will be held October 16 -
19, 2011, in Washington, DC. The Technical Program Committee is
soliciting abstracts summarizing a proposed presentation representing
original/unpublished work covering cutting-edge topics.

Presentations covering new technologies and operational experience are
solicited from network equipment vendors, service/transport providers,
government agencies, the research community, and enterprise users.

The deadline for submission of presentation proposals is April 29, 2011.
If you want further information on MPLS 2010 or want to submit a
presentation abstract, please see the following URL:

http://www.isocore.com/mpls2011/call_for_papers/cfp.htm

Many of these topics have been of interest to members of this community
in the past, and many people active on this list have been presenters at
past events.

Regards,
Luyuan