Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-csf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:30:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Indication of Client Failure in MPLS-TP
	Author(s)       : H. Jia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-csf-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document describes a Multi-Protocol Label Switching Transport 
Profile (MPLS-TP) Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) 
protocol to propagate a client failure indication across an MPLS-TP 
network in the case that propagation of failure status in the client 
layer is not supported as required in [RFC5860].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-csf-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:54:47 +0200

Hi,

As we have asked during the presentation, this draft is to notify client
failures. In the BFD base protocol (Section 4.1, RFC5880), a range of diag
code has been defined and can be further extended for reporting the similar
failures as indicated here.

In practical deployment, it's likely that we would have BFD sessions between
MIP's/MEP's, and can be readily used for client failure notification.

Just curious, is this draft duplicating the work?

Many thanks!

- Ping

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>