Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'MPLS-TP Linear Protection' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:19:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Linear Protection'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-09.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection/

Technical Summary

  The Transport Profile for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) is
  being specified jointly by IETF and ITU-T.  This document addresses
  the functionality described in the MPLS-TP Survivability Framework
  document and defines a protocol that may be used to fulfill the
  function of the Protection State Coordination for linear protection.

  Linear protection provides rapid and simple protection switching.
  In a mesh network, linear protection provides a very suitable
  protection mechanism because it can operate between any pair
  of points within the network.  It can protect against a defect in an
  intermediate node, a span, a transport path segment, or an end-to-end
  transport path.

Working Group Summary 

  This document has been carefully reviewed by the MPLS WG as well as
  by ITU-T SG15.

  A summary of the resolution of the many comments received has been
  posted to the MPLS WG email list.

Document Quality 

  Multiple implementations are in progress. 

Personnel

  Ross Callon ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD