Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:57:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM) for Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
	Author(s)       : Carlos Pignataro
                          Rajiv Asati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-08-26

   The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM) describes a generalized
   use of a packets Time to Live (TTL) (IPv4) or Hop Limit (IPv6) to
   verify that the packet was sourced by a node on a connected link,
   thereby protecting the router&#39;s IP control-plane from CPU utilization
   based attacks.  This technique improves security and is used by many
   protocols.  This document defines the GTSM use for Label Distribution
   Protocol (LDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-03.txt