Subject: [mpls] Definition of MIP and MEP (again)

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 13:26:37 +0100

Hi,

I'm reviewing another I-D and turned to draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-04 for
a definitive expansion of MIP and MEP.

I found section 1.2
   MEP   MEG End Point
   MIP   MEG Intermediate Point

However...
3.43.    Maintenance End Points (MEPs)
3.44.    Maintenance Intermediate Points (MIPs)

Have I got caught on formality versus the colloquial, or is this something you
need to fix in the draft?

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 14:35:28 +0200

Hello Adrian,

>     MIP   MEG Intermediate Point

This is the correct expansion.

> 3.43.    Maintenance End Points (MEPs)

This should be also MEG End Points (MEPs), or completely expanded:
Maintenance Entity Group End Points (MEPs).

> 3.44.    Maintenance Intermediate Points (MIPs)

This should be also MEG Intermediate Points (MIPs), or completely expanded:
Maintenance Entity Group Intermediate Points (MIPs).

> need to fix in the draft?

It will be fixed in the rosetta draft

Best regards, Huub.