Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Non Penultimate Hop Popping Behavior and out-of-band mapping for RSVP-TE Label Switched Paths' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:49:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Non Penultimate Hop Popping Behavior and out-of-band mapping for RSVP-
   TE Label Switched Paths'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping-09.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping/

Technical Summary

   There are many deployment scenarios which require Egress Label 
   Switching Router (LSR) to receive binding of the Resource 
   ReserVation Protocol Traffic Engineered (RSVP-TE) Label Switched 
   Path (LSP) to an application, and payload identification, using 
   some "out-of-band" (OOB) mechanism. This document defines 
   protocol mechanisms to address this requirement. The procedures 
   described in this document are equally applicable for point-to-
   point (P2P) and point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs. 

Working Group Summary

   There was no objection to this work within the MPLS working
   group, but there were very few voices raised in support at any
   time in the process.

Document Quality

   As a result of the low level of contribution from within the WG
   additional reviews were sort and these resulted in substantial
   changes to the document.

Personnel

   Martin Vigoureux ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

Section 1
OLD
   As there is one-to-one correspondence between bits in 
   the Attribute Flags TLV and the RRO Attributes subobject, 
   corresponding flags to be carried in RRO Attributes subobject are 
   also defined.
NEW
   As there is one-to-one correspondence between bits in 
   the Attribute Flags TLV and the Record Route Object (RRO)
   Attributes subobject, corresponding flags to be carried in RRO 
   Attributes subobject are also defined.
END

Section 3
>    Addition of "non-PHP behavior" adds a variable of attacks on the
>    label assigned by the Egress node.
s/variable/variety/