Subject: [mpls] RFC 6375 on A Packet Loss and Delay Measurement Profile for MPLS-Based Transport Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:31:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6375

        Title:      A Packet Loss and Delay Measurement Profile
                    for MPLS-Based Transport Networks 
        Author:     D. Frost, Ed.,
                    S. Bryant, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10026
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-loss-delay-profile-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6375.txt

Procedures and protocol mechanisms to enable efficient and accurate
measurement of packet loss, delay, and throughput in MPLS networks
are defined in RFC 6374.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is the set of MPLS protocol
functions applicable to the construction and operation of packet-
switched transport networks.

This document describes a profile of the general MPLS loss, delay,
and throughput measurement techniques that suffices to meet the
specific requirements of MPLS-TP.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC