Subject: [mpls] RFC 6370 on MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:22:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6370

        Title:      MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Identifiers 
        Author:     M. Bocci, G. Swallow, E. Gray
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 35294
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6370.txt

This document specifies an initial set of identifiers to be used in
the Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP).
The MPLS-TP requirements (RFC 5654) require that the elements and
objects in an MPLS-TP environment are able to be configured and
managed without a control plane.  In such an environment, many
conventions for defining identifiers are possible.  This document
defines identifiers for MPLS-TP management and Operations,
Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) functions compatible with IP/
MPLS conventions.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC