Subject: [mpls] RFC 6371 on Operations, Administration, and Maintenance Framework for MPLS-Based Transport Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:09:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6371

        Title:      Operations, Administration, and Maintenance Framework 
                    for MPLS-Based Transport Networks 
        Author:     I. Busi, Ed.,
                    D. Allan, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      62
        Characters: 142857
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6371.txt

The Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching
(MPLS-TP) is a packet-based transport technology based on the
MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) and pseudowire (PW) data-plane
architectures.

This document describes a framework to support a comprehensive
set of Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
procedures that fulfill the MPLS-TP OAM requirements for fault,
performance, and protection-switching management and that do not
rely on the presence of a control plane.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union
Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to
include an MPLS Transport Profile within the IETF MPLS and
Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3)
architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities of
a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.  

This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC