Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering Management Information Base for Fast Reroute' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-21.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:32:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering Management
   Information Base for Fast Reroute'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-21.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib/

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base for
   use with network management protocols in the Internet community.

   In particular, it describes managed objects used to support two fast
   reroute (FRR) methods for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) based
   traffic engineering (TE). The two methods are one-to-one backup 
   method and facility backup method.
 
Working Group Summary

   No controversies, but lots of discussion that have converged on this 
   document, and the document has taken a rather a long time to progress.
 
Protocol Quality

   We are aware of one implementation, but we have not polled the 
   working group list for other implementations.
 
Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

Section 1.1
  Please add NOT RECOMMENDED to the 2119 terms

Section 6.1 definition of mplsFrrGeneralConstraintsEntry
   Please s/STRONGLY RECOMMENDED/strongly RECOMMENDED/