Subject: [mpls] Comments on draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-04

From: Kingston Smiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 01:30:56 +0530

Hi,

Couple of comments / question about this draft.

1. The Introduction section of the draft says that

"The Loopback is a function that enables a MEP to request a MEP or a MIP to
enter a loopback state."

This gives the notion that one MEP can request other MEP / MIP to enter into
loopback state. So can you please rephrase this

2.Section 1 says that

"As per RFC 5860 [1], lock is an administrative state in which it is
expected that no client traffic may be carried. However, test traffic and *OAM
messages* dedicated to the transport path can be mapped on that transport
path"

So when the LSPs are in locked state, it can carry OAM messages. With this,
if the user configures loopback on
both ingress and egress MEP, then there is a possibility of all these OAM
packets looped across these two endpoints
(until TTL gets expired).

Regards,
S. Kingston Smiler.