Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'MPLS On-demand Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:22:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS On-demand Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv/

Technical Summary

   Label Switched Path Ping (LSP-Ping) is an existing and widely
   deployed Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) mechanism
   for Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs).  

   This document describes extensions to LSP-Ping so that LSP-
   Ping can be used for On-demand Connectivity Verification of MPLS
   Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) LSPs and Pseudowires.  This document also
   clarifies procedures to be used for processing the related OAM
   packets.  Further, it describes procedures for using LSP-Ping to
   perform Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing functions in
   MPLS-TP networks.  Finally this document updates RFC 4379 by adding a
   new address type and requesting an IANA registry.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a MPLS working group document, and part of the joint
   IETF and ITU.T MPLS-TP project. It has been reviewed in both organizations
   and there is a solid support for the document.

   There is a good consensus around this draft, it has passed the call to verify 
   that LC comments were correctly addressed with only minor comments. 

Document Quality

   The document is well reviewed in the MPLS working group and ITU-T SG15.
   Multiple vendors have indicated their intention to implement.

Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD