Subject: [mpls] RFC 6348 on Requirements for Point-to-Multipoint Extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:42:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6348

        Title:      Requirements for Point-to-Multipoint Extensions to 
                    the Label Distribution Protocol 
        Author:     J. Le Roux, Ed.,
                    T. Morin, Ed.
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 38902
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-mp-ldp-reqs-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6348.txt

This document lists a set of functional requirements that served as
input to the design of Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) extensions
for setting up point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Label Switched Paths (LSP),
in order to deliver point-to-multipoint applications over a
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) infrastructure.

This work was overtaken by the protocol solution developed by the
MPLS working group, but that solution did not closely follow the
requirements documented here.  This document is published as a
historic record of the ideas and requirements that shaped the
protocol work.  This document defines a Historic Document for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC