Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-07.txt> (MPLS-TP Security Framework) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:04:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Security Framework'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides a security framework for Multiprotocol Label
   Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP). MPLS-TP extends MPLS
   technologies and introduces new OAM capabilities, a transport-
   oriented path protection mechanism, and strong emphasis on static
   provisioning supported by network management systems. This document
   addresses the security aspects relevant in the context of MPLS-TP
   specifically. It describes potential security threats, security
   requirements for MPLS-TP, and mitigation procedures for MPLS-TP
   networks and MPLS-TP interconnection to other MPLS and GMPLS
   networks. This document is built on RFC5920 "MPLS and GMPLS MPLS and
   GMPLS security framework" by providing additional security
   considerations which are applicable to the MPLS-TP extensions. All
   the security considerations from RFC5920 are assumed to apply.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionality of a packet transport network.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.