Subject: [mpls] RFC6639 doubts

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:04:56 +0000

RFC6639 s4.2.9 tells me that

"  The mplsOutSegmentPerfTable [RFC3813] contains statistical
   information (total packets received, total errored packets received,
   total packets discarded, discontinuity time) for outgoing MPLS
   segments from an LSR."

whereas RFC3813 itself says

"This table contains statistical information about
 outgoing segments from an LSR. "
and goes on to refer to octets sent, packets sent, packets that could
not be sent as well as packets discarded and discontinuity time.

Um; RFC6639 looks wrong, but is it worth the administrative effort of an
Erratum?  I will raise one if you want me to.

Tom Petch

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:18:24 -0000

Yes, looks like a sloppy block-copy from the previous paragraph. I'm shocked
that no-one noticed before ;-)

An editorial errata report would be in order if you have the energy, but I don't
think it impacts the understanding of the document, so I wouldn't lose any sleep
over it.

Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> t.petch
> Sent: 08 January 2013 11:05
> To: Loa Andersson; [email-masked]
> Subject: [mpls] RFC6639 doubts
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls