Subject: [mpls] RFC 6829 on Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for Pseudowire Forwarding Equivalence Classes (FECs) Advertised over IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 13:40:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6829

        Title:      Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for
                    Pseudowire Forwarding Equivalence Classes (FECs) 
                    Advertised over IPv6 
        Author:     M. Chen, P. Pan,
                    C. Pignataro, R. Asati
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15683
        Updates:    RFC4379

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6829.txt

The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP)
Ping and traceroute mechanisms are commonly used to detect and
isolate data-plane failures in all MPLS LSPs, including LSPs used for
each direction of an MPLS Pseudowire (PW).  However, the LSP Ping and
traceroute elements used for PWs are not specified for IPv6 address
usage.

This document extends the PW LSP Ping and traceroute mechanisms so
they can be used with PWs that are set up and maintained using IPv6
LDP sessions.  This document updates RFC 4379.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC