Subject: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt

From: Yaacov Weingarten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:21:17 +0300

The latest version of the Applicability of MPLS-TP Linear Protection for
Ring Topologies draft has been submitted to address the comments that were
received during the IESG Last Call

FYI

Best Regards,
yaacov weingarten

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt
To: Xuehui Dai <[email-masked]>, Diego Caviglia <
[email-masked]>, Bo Wu <[email-masked]>, Francesco Fondelli <
[email-masked]>, Yaacov Weingarten <[email-masked]>,
Marco Corsi <[email-masked]>, Danielle Ceccarelli <
[email-masked]>, Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yaacov Weingarten and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection
Revision:        06
Title:           Applicability of MPLS-TP Linear Protection for Ring
Topologies
Creation date:   2013-04-29
Group:           mpls
Number of pages: 30
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06

Abstract:
   This document presents an applicability of existing MPLS protection
   mechanisms, both local and end-to-end, to Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) in ring topologies.  This
   document does not propose any new mechanisms or protocols.
   Protection on rings offers a number of opportunities for optimization
   as the protection choices are starkly limited (all traffic traveling
   one way around a ring can only be switched to travel the other way on
   the ring), but also suffers from some complications caused by the
   limitations of the topology.

   Requirements for MPLS-TP protection especially for protection in ring
   topologies are discussed in "Requirements of an MPLS Transport
   Profile" (RFC 5654) and "MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
   Survivability Framework" (RFC 6372).  This document shows how MPLS-TP
   linear protection as defined in RFC 6378 can be applied to single
   ring topologies, discusses how most of the requirements are met, and
   describes scenarios in which the function provided by applying linear
   protection in a ring topology falls short of some of the
   requirements.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Thanx and BR,
yaacov

*Still looking for new opportunity*