Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-08.txt> (LDP Downstream-on-Demand in Seamless MPLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:01:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'LDP Downstream-on-Demand in Seamless MPLS'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Seamless MPLS design enables a single IP/MPLS network to scale over
   core, metro and access parts of a large packet network infrastructure
   using standardized IP/MPLS protocols.  One of the key goals of
   Seamless MPLS is to meet requirements specific to access, including
   high number of devices, their position in network topology and their
   compute and memory constraints that limit the amount of state access
   devices can hold.This can be achieved with LDP Downstream-on-Demand
   (LDP DoD) label advertisement.  This document describes LDP DoD use
   cases and lists required LDP DoD procedures in the context of
   Seamless MPLS design.

   In addition, a new optional TLV type in the LDP Label Request message
   is defined for fast-up convergence.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.