Subject: [mpls] mLDP protection drafts reviewed

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:51:53 +0200

Working Group,

The working group chairs asked members of the MPLS-RT to review two
drafts:

draft-zhao-mpls-mldp-protections-03
and
draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-02

We asked for a normal MPLS-RT review + suggestions how to move forward
with the drafts. The feedback was a bit diversified, but an agreement
that the drafts address the same problem but in two different ways.

After the considering the reviews and drafts the working group chairs
do not think it is possible to try to merge the drafts, and will
therefore go ahead and start prepare polls to see if we have consensus
to make one or the other or both wg drafts.

Before we do this we'd like to to see the discussion of the merits
of the other draft removed from each of the drafts.

draft-zhao-mpls-mldp-protections were perceived as "hard to read" and
need a substantial language and grammar review before we proceed.

/Loa
for MPLS wg co-chairs
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64