Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 05:24:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : mLDP Node Protection
	Author(s)       : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Eric Rosen
                          Kamran Raza
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Alia Atlas
                          Huawei Technology
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-06-23

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures to support node protection for
   Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
   (MP LSPs) built by LDP ("Label Distribution Protocol"), or simply
   mLDP.  In order to protect a node N, the Point of Local Repair (PLR)
   LSR of N must learn the Merge Point (MPT) LSR(s) of node N such that
   traffic can be redirected to them in case node N fails.  Redirecting
   the traffic around the failed node N depends on existing P2P LSPs
   originated from the PLR LSR to the MPT LSRs while bypassing LSR node
   N.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/