Subject: [mpls] [Errata Verified] RFC6435 (4017)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:57:24 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6435,
"MPLS Transport Profile Lock Instruct and Loopback Functions". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6435&eid=4017

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-06-19
Verified by: Adrian Farrel (IESG)

Section: 1

Original Text
-------------
Two useful Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
functions in a transport network are "lock" and "loopback".  This
document discusses these functions in the context of MPLS networks.

Corrected Text
--------------
Two useful Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
functions in a transport network are "lock" and "loopback".  This
document discusses these functions in the context of MPLS networks.

Further information about these abstract OAM functions in an MPLS
Transport Profile context can be found in RFC 6371 [6] where the
lock function is referred to as the "Lock Instruct function (LKI)"
and the loopback function is called "data-plane loopback."

Notes
-----
RFC6435 uses "LI" as acronym for "Lock Instruct" throughout the document.
RFC6371 uses "LKI" for "Lock Instruct" in sections 7.1, 7.1.1 and 7.1.2.
This may confuse the reader of both documents.
A similar confusion can occur for refering to the loopback function.

--------------------------------------
RFC6435 (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-08)
--------------------------------------
Title               : MPLS Transport Profile Lock Instruct and Loopback Functions
Publication Date    : November 2011
Author(s)           : S. Boutros, Ed., S. Sivabalan, Ed., R. Aggarwal, Ed., M. Vigoureux, Ed., X. Dai, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG