Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:29:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecation of BGP Entropy Label Capability Attribute
        Authors         : John G. Scudder
                          Kireeti Kompella
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-01.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2014-07-23

Abstract:
   RFC 6790 defines the BGP Entropy Label Capability attribute.
   Regrettably, it has a bug: although RFC 6790 mandates that Entropy
   Label-incapable routers must remove the attribute, in practice this
   requirement can't be guaranteed to be fulfilled.  This specification
   deprecates the attribute.  A forthcoming document will propose a
   replacement.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-deprecate-bgp-entropy-label-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:34:03 -0400

This version is explicit about what it means to be "deprecated" since history shows not everyone has the same understanding of the term. Otherwise unchanged.

Chairs, can we WGLC this draft?

Thanks,

--John