Subject: Re: [mpls] New Version Notification for draft-tsaad-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03.txt

From: "Tarek Saad (tsaad)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 19:56:18 +0000

Working Group,

We¹ve uploaded version -03 of the draft (accessible below). The authors
are soliciting any comments that can be sent the mailer list.

Regards,
Tarek

On 2014-07-21, 11:02 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-tsaad-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Tarek Saad and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-tsaad-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt
>Revision:	03
>Title:		Reoptimization of Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Loosely
>Routed LSPs
>Document date:	2014-07-21
>Group:		mpls
>Pages:		11
>URL:            
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsaad-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt
>-03.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tsaad-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt/
>Htmlized:       
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tsaad-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03
>Diff:           
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tsaad-mpls-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03
>
>Abstract:
>   For a Traffic Engineered (TE) point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Label
>   Switched Path (LSP), it is preferable in some cases to re-evaluate
>   and re-optimize the entire P2MP-TE LSP by re-signaling all its S2L
>   sub-LSP(s). Existing mechanisms allow the path re-evaluation and the
>   signaling of a the notification of preferred path exists for a single
>   S2L sub-LSP only.
>
>   This document defines RSVP-TE signaling extensions to allow an
>   ingress Label Switching Router (LSR) of a P2MP-TE LSP to trigger the
>   re-evaluation of the entire LSP tree containing one or more S2L sub-
>   LSPs whose paths are loose (or abstract) hop expanded, and for a mid-
>   point LSR to signal to the ingress LSR that a better tree exists for
>   the entire P2MP-TE LSP.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>

---

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:58:14 +0000

Hi WG,

We have addressed comments from MPLS-RT review in this version.

We have implemented method from this draft in a released software and it
would be good to get the official code-points.

Appreciate your comments/feedbacks.

Thanks,
Rakesh