Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-14.txt

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:02:29 -0700

Folks,

The revised version (-14) reflects all the comments received
during the WG LC.

Yakov.
------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 02 Jul 2014 11:10:00 -0700
From:    <[email-masked]>
To:      <[email-masked]>
cc:      <[email-masked]>
Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-14.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group o
f the IETF.

        Title           : Inter-Area P2MP Segmented LSPs
        Authors         : Yakov Rekhter
                          Rahul Aggarwal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-14.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2014-07-02

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures for building inter-area point-to-
   multipoint (P2MP) segmented service LSPs by partitioning such LSPs
   into intra-area segments and using BGP as the inter-area routing and
   label distribution protocol. Within each IGP area the intra-area
   segments are either carried over intra-area P2MP LSPs, using P2MP LSP
   hierarchy, or instantiated using ingress replication.  The intra-area
   P2MP LSPs may be signaled using P2MP RSVP-TE or P2MP mLDP. If ingress
   replication is used within an IGP area, then (multipoint-to-point)
   LDP LSPs or (point-to-point) RSVP-TE LSPs may be used in the IGP
   area. The applications/services that use such inter-area service LSPs
   may be BGP Multicast VPN, VPLS multicast, or global table multicast
   over MPLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 14:56:45 +0200

Working Group,

Sorry for the late responses, I have a backlog after relocating
for the summer back to Sweden.

Yakov is right - all comments are addressed and the draft is ready
for publication request.

However there is one small caveat, the draft uses a IANA registry
(based on advice from chairs and ADs) that is not yet in place. The
new registry will be created based on draft-ietf-l3vpn-pmsi-registry
which is in AD evaluation. I'd like to wait for the AD comments before
sending the publication request for this draft.

I hope I will be able to do that early next week.

/Loa
mpls co-chair

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64