Subject: [mpls] [Errata Rejected] RFC3107 (4499)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:33:39 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC3107,
"Carrying Label Information in BGP-4".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3107&eid=4499

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Alexander Okonnikov <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-10-13
Rejected by: Deborah Brungard (IESG)

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   A BGP speaker can withdraw a previously advertised route (as well as
   the binding between this route and a label) by either (a) advertising
   a new route (and a label) with the same NLRI as the previously
   advertised route, or (b) listing the NLRI of the previously
   advertised route in the Withdrawn Routes field of an Update message.
   The label information carried (as part of NLRI) in the Withdrawn
   Routes field should be set to 0x800000.  (Of course, terminating the
   BGP session also withdraws all the previously advertised routes.)

Corrected Text
--------------
   A BGP speaker can withdraw a previously advertised route (as well as
   the binding between this route and a label) by either (a) advertising
   a new route (and a label) with the same NLRI as the previously
   advertised route, or (b) listing the NLRI of the previously
   advertised route in the Withdrawn Routes field of
   an MR_UNREACH_NLRI attribute of an Update message.
   The label information carried (as part of NLRI) in the Withdrawn
   Routes field should be set to 0x000001.  (Of course, terminating the
   BGP session also withdraws all the previously advertised routes.)

Notes
-----
1. Labeled routes are withdrawn by virtue of MR_UNREACH_NLRI attribute.
2. Label value should be set to 0x00000 with BoS=1.  Value 0x800000 was carried from draft, where BoS was high-order bit.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
  Rejected as potential to cause interoperability issues.

--------------------------------------
RFC3107 (draft-ietf-mpls-bgp4-mpls-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Carrying Label Information in BGP-4
Publication Date    : May 2001
Author(s)           : Y. Rekhter, E. Rosen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG