Subject: [mpls] [Errata Verified] RFC3107 (4498)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:28:35 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC3107,
"Carrying Label Information in BGP-4". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3107&eid=4498

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Alexander Okonnikov <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-10-13
Verified by: Deborah Brungard (IESG)

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   The label(s) specified for a particular route (and associated with
   its address prefix) must be assigned by the LSR which is identified
   by the value of the Next Hop attribute of the route.

   When a BGP speaker redistributes a route, the label(s) assigned to
   that route must not be changed (except by omission), unless the
   speaker changes the value of the Next Hop attribute of the route.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The label(s) specified for a particular route (and associated with
   its address prefix) must be assigned by the LSR which is identified
   by the value of the Network Address of Next Hop field of
   MP_REACH_NLRI attribute of the route.

   When a BGP speaker redistributes a route, the label(s) assigned to
   that route must not be changed (except by omission), unless the
   speaker changes the value of the Network Address of Next Hop field of
   MP_REACH_NLRI attribute of the route.

Notes
-----
Next Hop address for labeled routes is conveyed within MP_REACH_NLRI attribute.

--------------------------------------
RFC3107 (draft-ietf-mpls-bgp4-mpls-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Carrying Label Information in BGP-4
Publication Date    : May 2001
Author(s)           : Y. Rekhter, E. Rosen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG