Subject: [mpls] Proposed response to ITU-T SG15 on "LS on work on MPLS-TP protection"

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:19:22 +0800

Working groups,

We had a liaison from ITU-T SG15 on "LS on work on MPLS-TP protection",
please find the proposed response below. Please send comments to the
mpls wg mailing list ([email-masked]) on May 3rd the latest.

--------------------  proposed response ---------------------------

The MPLS and PALS Working Groups are pleased to hear about the continued 
progress on the MPLS Transport Profile and continued alignment with IETF 
RFCs.

We confirm that "MPLS-TP Shared-Ring protection (MSRP) mechanism for 
ring topology” 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection) 
is progressing in the MPLS WG, and invite comments on this draft to the 
MPLS WG mailing list ([email-masked]). In addition, we are also 
progressing a draft on "Resilient MPLS Rings" 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rmr).

The PALS WG currently has two drafts in progress that are relevant to 
MPLS-TP pseudowire linear protection:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-coordination
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection

These drafts provide a fast protection mechanism for MPLS-TP PWs to 
protect dual-homed CEs against failures of their attachment circuits or 
PE routers. The drafts are ongoing work and were very recently updated. 
We hope to complete work on these drafts by the upcoming IETF meeting in 
Berlin on July 17-22, 2016, and would very much appreciate SG15’s review 
and comments to the [email-masked] email list.

We are also pleased to hear about the second amendment to Recommendation 
ITU-T G.8131/Y.1382, "Linear protection switching for MPLS transport 
profile."

In addition to maintaining communication with liaisons, please engage on 
the MPLS WG mailing list ([email-masked]) and PALS WG mailing list 
([email-masked]) which provide a more timely view of the state of the work.

MPLS and PALS wg co-chairs

------------------------- end of proposed response ------------------

/Loa
mpls wg co-chair

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64