Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-rfc4379bis-07.txt> (Detecting Multi-Protocol Label Switched (MPLS) Data Plane Failures) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 09:08:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Detecting Multi-Protocol Label Switched (MPLS) Data Plane Failures'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-rfc4379bis-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a simple and efficient mechanism that can be
   used to detect data plane failures in Multi-Protocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  There are two parts to this
   document: information carried in an MPLS "echo request" and "echo
   reply" for the purposes of fault detection and isolation, and
   mechanisms for reliably sending the echo reply.

   This document obsoletes RFCs 4379, 6424, 6829, and 7537.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc4379bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc4379bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2826/