Subject: [mpls] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 06:32:06 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This document describes 3 different protection mechanisms and it
specifies that all nodes "MUST use the same protection mechanism".  When
should these mechanisms be used?  What are the conditions that an
operator should take into account when selecting between them?  I would
like to see operational considerations explained.