Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-08.txt> (Application-aware Targeted LDP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 12:45:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Application-aware Targeted LDP'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Recent targeted LDP (tLDP) applications such as remote loop-free
   alternate (LFA) and BGP auto discovered pseudowire may automatically
   establish a tLDP session to any LSR in a network.  The initiating LSR
   has information about the targeted applications to administratively
   control initiation of the session. However, the responding LSR has no
   such information to control acceptance of this session. This document
   defines a mechanism to advertise and negotiate Targeted Applications
   Capability (TAC) during LDP session initialization.  As the
   responding LSR becomes aware of targeted applications, it may
   establish a limited number of tLDP sessions for certain applications.
   In addition, each targeted application is mapped to LDP Forwarding
   Equivalence Class (FEC) Elements to advertise only necessary LDP FEC-
   label bindings over the session. This document updates RFC 7473 for
   enabling advertisement of LDP FEC-label bindings over the session.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2507/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2796/