Subject: [mpls] Fwd: NomCom 2018: Call for nominations

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:52:58 +0200

Folks,

FYI

/Loa

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: NomCom 2018: Call for nominations
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 10:05:29 -0700
From: NomCom Chair 2018 <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

The 2018-19 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations from 
now until September 30, 2018. The open positions being considered by 
this year's NomCom can be found at the end of this email and also on 
this year's NomCom website:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/
Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the 
NomCom 2018 home page, or by visiting the following URL:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/nominate/
Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org datatracker
account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if you don't have 
one already by visiting the following URL: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made 
by email to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include 
the word "Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is 
being nominated, their email address (to confirm acceptance of the 
nomination), and the position for which you are making the nomination. 
If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if we 
may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. If 
you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one position, 
please use separate emails to do so.
Self-nomination is welcome!
Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to 
the position for which they are nominated. The questionnaires will be 
available on August 31, 2018 and have a submission deadline of October 
5, 2018.
NomCom 2018-19 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing 
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437. As stated in RFC 7437: "The list 
of nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the 
current NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each 
position will be listed in a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with 
a datatracker account may access the lists. Additionally, the nomination 
form asks if we may share your own name with the nominee. In all other 
ways, the confidentiality requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All 
feedback and all NomCom deliberations will remain confidential and will 
not be disclosed.
There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom 
to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This 
defaults to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell.
In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about 
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom 
on or before September 30, 2018.
Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your 
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management 
permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late.
The NomCom appoints individuals to fill the IETF Chair (IESG General AD) 
and the open slots on the IAB and the IESG. The IAOC position is not 
being filled this year, and the call for nominations related to the IETF 
LLC will be coming in the next few weeks. The list of people and posts 
whose terms end with the March 2019 IETF meeting, and thus the positions 
for which this NomCom is responsible, follows:
IAB    - Jari Arkko
    - Gabriel Montenegro
    - Mark Nottingham
    - Robert Sparks
    - Jeff Tantsura
    - Suzanne Woolf
IESG Chair
    - Alissa Cooper, GEN (IETF Chair)
IESG
    - Ben Campbell, ART
    - Terry Manderson, INT *
    - Warren Kumari, OPS
    - Deborah Brungard, RTG
    - Alvaro Retana, RTG
    - Eric Rescorla, SEC
    - Spencer Dawkins, TSV *
*- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a renomination. This 
information is always up to date on 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/
Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these 
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for 
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination. You'll find 
extensive information about specific positions, developed by the IAB and 
IESG under individual tabs at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/requirements/
In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the 
positions themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and 
input on the jobs within each organization. If you have ideas on the 
positions' responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us know.
Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-18 at ietf dot 
org.
Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!
regards,
-scott.
Scott Mansfield
scott dot mansfield at ericsson dot com
nomcom-chair-2018 at ietf dot org

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64