Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 11:05:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SR-MPLS over IP
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Syed Hassan
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-03-03

Abstract:
   MPLS Segment Routing (SR-MPLS) is an MPLS data plane-based source
   routing paradigm in which the sender of a packet is allowed to
   partially or completely specify the route the packet takes through
   the network by imposing stacked MPLS labels on the packet.  SR-MPLS
   could be leveraged to realize a source routing mechanism across MPLS,
   IPv4, and IPv6 data planes by using an MPLS label stack as a source
   routing instruction set while preserving backward compatibility with
   SR-MPLS.

   This document describes how SR-MPLS capable routers and IP-only
   routers can seamlessly co-exist and interoperate through the use of
   SR-MPLS label stacks and IP encapsulation/tunneling such as MPLS-in-
   UDP as defined in RFC 7510.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 19:42:08 -0000

Hi,

This version catches the reviews during IETF last call. Thanks to Andy
Malis, Robert Sparks, and Al Morton.

Changes are mainly minor editorial.
In a few places, descriptive text has been changed from lower case to use
normative language. This does not make any change to the technical content,
but makes more clear how implementations must behave.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: mpls <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 03 March 2019 19:05
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the
IETF.

        Title           : SR-MPLS over IP
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Syed Hassan
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Zhenbin Li

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls