Subject: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kumar-mpls-mint-00.txt

From: Jai Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 08:22:00 -0700

Hello WG members,

A new draft describing methods for MPLS Inband Network Telemetry aka MINT
protocol is posted.
It attempts to define ability to insert MINT label in live packet for
tracing flow path data. MINT domain consists of MINT node with functions of
initiation, transit and, termination. Fragmentation function is defined for
flows with larger number of hops in a flow path thus creating a deep MINT
stack in the packet for eg in 5G network.

Cases of carrier over carrier or tunnel over tunnel is defined as well.
MINT protocol header provides nexthdr field to be able to identify the
payload or create a chained header for various reasons.

Please review and provide your feedback. I will try to schedule a
lightening session at IETF104 as well.

Regards,
-Jai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:07 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-kumar-mpls-mint-00.txt
To: Jai Kumar <[email-masked]>, Yoav Peleg <[email-masked]>,
John Lemon <[email-masked]>, Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-kumar-mpls-mint-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jai Kumar and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-kumar-mpls-mint
Revision:       00
Title:          MPLS Inband Network Telemetry
Document date:  2019-03-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          20
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kumar-mpls-mint-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-mpls-mint/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-mpls-mint-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kumar-mpls-mint

Abstract:
   MPLS Inband Network Telemetry (MINT) records flow specific
   information from end stations and/or switches across a network.  This
   document describes the method to collect data on a per hop basis
   across a network and perform localized or end to end analytics
   operations on the data.  This document also describes the use of the
   Extension Label, value 15, for specifying extended special purpose
   labels for specifying presence of MINT data.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat