Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 18:43:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RFC8287 Sub-TLV Length Clarification
        Authors         : Nagendra Kumar Nainar
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Faisal Iqbal
                          Alexander Vainshtein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-05-31

Abstract:
   RFC8287 defines the extensions to MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute for
   Segment Routing IGP-Prefix and IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifier
   (SIDs) with an MPLS data plane.  RFC8287 proposes 3 Target FEC Stack
   Sub-TLVs.  While the standard defines the format and procedure to
   handle those Sub-TLVs, it does not sufficiently clarify how the
   length of the Segment ID Sub-TLVs should be computed to include in
   the Length field of the Sub-TLVs which may result in interoperability
   issues.

   This document updates RFC8287 by clarifying the length of each
   Segment ID Sub-TLVs defined in RFC8287.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/