Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification-02.txt> (RFC8287 Sub-TLV Length Clarification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 15:05:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'RFC8287 Sub-TLV Length
Clarification'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC8287 defines the extensions to MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute for
   Segment Routing IGP-Prefix and IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifier
   (SIDs) with an MPLS data plane.  RFC8287 proposes 3 Target FEC Stack
   Sub-TLVs.  While the standard defines the format and procedure to
   handle those Sub-TLVs, it does not sufficiently clarify how the
   length of the Segment ID Sub-TLVs should be computed to include in
   the Length field of the Sub-TLVs which may result in interoperability
   issues.

   This document updates RFC8287 by clarifying the length of each
   Segment ID Sub-TLVs defined in RFC8287.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc8287-len-clarification/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.