Subject: [mpls] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 08:58:13 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for addressing Scott Bradner's OpsDir review,
and Scott for providing it. I think that this has noticeably improved the
document.

I have a general question -- like many documents, this talks about "link
failure", but is somewhat silent on what exactly is meant by "link" -- is this
a "circuit" or does it also include something like TE / bundled (RFC4201) /
aggregated / whatever links? The terminology section somewhat hints that it
covers all, but is still somewhat vague. (Note that this is just a comment,
feel free to consider and reject it... )

---

From: Yimin Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 14:16:13 +0000

Hi Warren,

Thanks very much for your review and comments!

In this framework, a link refers to a layer-2 interface attached to a PE. In some RFCs (of certain VPN services), it is also called an attachment circuit. A link can be an aggregated or bundled interface, in which case it is still viewed as a single interface from layer 3's perspective.

Thanks,
-- Yimin

On 7/4/19, 11:58 AM, "Warren Kumari via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Please refer to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_iesg_statement_discuss-2Dcriteria.html&d=DwICaQ&c=HAkYuh63rsuhr6Scbfh0UjBXeMK-ndb3voDTXcWzoCI&r=2-nT7xvtgxYac4wpYxwo_jh5rZM2uwTLxgRhaObwYug&m=-KbQEfiqV9qgUtt3VSXc6--I-H9O7QCVyCaqbXWB8HE&s=nNU8xGJag7pKGTv1VqhDcSVoQpdyIB9QVPWjq4Ka_Lg&e= 
    for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

    The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dmpls-2Degress-2Dprotection-2Dframework_&d=DwICaQ&c=HAkYuh63rsuhr6Scbfh0UjBXeMK-ndb3voDTXcWzoCI&r=2-nT7xvtgxYac4wpYxwo_jh5rZM2uwTLxgRhaObwYug&m=-KbQEfiqV9qgUtt3VSXc6--I-H9O7QCVyCaqbXWB8HE&s=i97gX80z8sZktV0IEtyEV7Xs-_wyHibLtpEgab4fQ2U&e=