Subject: [mpls] Shepherd Writeup for draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework

From: Tarek Saad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 04:45:44 +0000

Hi authors,

I have reviewed this document and took a first stab at the SWU at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework/shepherdwriteup/

Please review and let me know if you have comments before I move forward with this.
Below are some nits that I think should be corrected too:

Nits from my review:
1) abstract:
s/on the on the/on the

2) Introduction:
s/see (Section 2)/see (Section 3)

3) Section 5
s/This is turn/This in turn

Regards,
Tarek

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 16:36:16 +0100

Dear Tarek

Thanks for the review. All corrections applied and a new version uploaded.

My only concern is that the Shepard's review refers to a personal draft 
by me. I think we should do one of two things here, either wait for that 
control draft to become a WG draft, or make it clear in the write-up 
that the control draft is optional and the technology could be deployed 
using SDN methods.

By chance I took a look at the control draft yesterday, and I think it 
has the handle mechanism that we spoke about at the last WG session in 
IETF 105. I wrote to George only yesterday, and look forward to his 
feedback on my analysis. Hopefully we should have this point tidied up 
before IETF 106 draft cut-off.

Best regards

Stewart

> Below are some nits that I think should be corrected too:
Done
> s/see (Section 2)/see (Section 3)
Corrected
> s/This is turn/This in turn
Corrected