Subject: [mpls] New MPLS LSP Ping YANG draft

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 16:42:45 +0800

Working Group,

We have had a draft for a long time that addresses LSP Ping YANG (draft-
zheng-mpls-lsp-ping-yang-cfg) that draft has been dormant for a long
time. It is 18 month since it was last changed and almost to the day one
year since it expired.

When prople with documented experience of LSP Ping protocol development
and implementation approached me and asked what was happening, the 
discussion quickly identified the need to restart the work, and that
there had so much involvement of the YANF technology itself and of
LSP Ping and Trace-route that it was motivated to start the work
with a new draft. And implicitly discontinue the work on the older
draft.

The first individual draft of the new draft has now been posted:

https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nainar-mpls-lsp-ping-yang-00.txt

I have placed the new draft in "Candidate for WG adoption" and
made it replace the older draft.

The name of the state "Candidate for WG adapition" has larger 
implications than intended. WG chairs need to put it in this state
to announce that whatever happens with this draft it is a
specific wg that needs to take the decisions, it is also the
only way to make it possible for wg chairs to handle the draft in the
data tracker.

/Loa
for the MPLS wg chairs

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          loa.pi.nu@gmail
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64