Subject: [mpls] RFC 8796 on RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute Extensions for Label Switched Path (LSP) Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 16:24:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8796

        Title:      RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute Extensions 
                    for Label Switched Path (LSP) Tunnels 
        Author:     M. Taillon,
                    T. Saad, Ed., 
                    R. Gandhi,
                    A. Deshmukh, 
                    M. Jork,
                    V. Beeram
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Updates:    RFC 4090

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8796

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8796

This document updates RFC 4090 for the Resource Reservation Protocol
(RSVP) Traffic Engineering (TE) procedures defined for facility
backup protection. The updates include extensions that reduce the
amount of signaling and processing that occurs during Fast Reroute
(FRR); as a result, scalability when undergoing FRR convergence after
a link or node failure is improved. These extensions allow the RSVP
message exchange between the Point of Local Repair (PLR) and the
Merge Point (MP) nodes to be independent of the number of protected
Label Switched Paths (LSPs) traversing between them when facility
bypass FRR protection is used. The signaling extensions are fully
backwards compatible with nodes that do not support them.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC