Subject: [mpls] Suggestion for draft-kompella-mpls-larp-08 section 3.3

From: Erik Auerswald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 17:39:00 +0200

Dear authors,

after reading draft-kompella-mpls-larp-08 (Label Distribution Using
ARP), it seems to me as if the label designations in section 3.3
could be made clearer by always using the same designation for the
same label.  Thus I would suggest to always use "TL3" when referring
to that label, instead of using "TL3", "L1", and "L".

I would suggest to change parts of section 3.3 as follows:

OLD:
   2.  if it does, T1 allocates a label TL3 to reach H3 (if it doesn't
       already have such a label) and installs an L-FIB entry to swap L1
       with the label (stack) to reach H3.

   3.  sends a (proxy) L-ARP reply to H1 with the Source Hardware
       Address (SHA) set to (L, M), where M is T1's metric to H3.  T1
       may also set some attribute bits in the SHA.

NEW:
   2.  if it does, T1 allocates a label TL3 to reach H3 (if it doesn't
       already have such a label) and installs an L-FIB entry to swap TL3
       with the label (stack) to reach H3.

   3.  sends a (proxy) L-ARP reply to H1 with the Source Hardware
       Address (SHA) set to (TL3, M), where M is T1's metric to H3.  T1
       may also set some attribute bits in the SHA.

Thanks,
Erik