Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 23:39:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updating the IANA MPLS LSP Ping Parameters
        Authors         : Loa Andersson
                          Mach Chen
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Tarek Saad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-08-17

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 8029 and RFC 8611 that both define IANA
   registries for MPLS LSP Ping.  It also updates the description of the
   procedures for the responses sent when an unknown or erroneous code
   point is found.  The updates are to clarify and align this name space
   with recent developments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registries-update-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 15:14:26 +0800

Working group,

We have updated and posted version -03 of the draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-
registries-update. This version addresses the last set of Shepherd
comments. some changes that has been agreed upon during the discussions
with the Document Shepherd, and the language review by Donald Eastlake.

The main differences are

- improved language and grammar
. for TLVs and sub-TLVs, code points for Experimental Use and First Come
   First Served has been added and the code points for Private use has
   been removed.

The author request that the wglc process for this document is started.

Adrian is the Shepherd for this document.

What will happen now is that

- the Shepherd will validate the the document ready for wglc
- the IPR poll will be run
- the two week wglc will take place
   (followed by necessary updates by the authors)
- wg consensus will be declared by the shepherd
- the Shepherd Write-Up will be written
- publication will be requested

When the Shepherd is not a wg chair, it is sometimes necessary for
the chairs to help the Shepherd to add info to the data tracker.
wg chairs will coordinate with the Shepherd.

/Loa
author and mpls wg co-chair

On 18/08/2020 14:39, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
> 

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64