Subject: [multipathtcp] Paper: On the Benefits of Applying Experimental Design to Improve Multipath TCP

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 14:44:38 +0100

Hello,

I would like to point you to our recent paper:
"On the Benefits of Applying Experimental Design to Improve Multipath TCP"
Christoph Paasch, Ramin Khalili and Olivier Bonaventure. ACM CoNEXT 2013.

It is available here:
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/publications/benefits-applying-experimental-design-improve-multipath-tcp

The paper shows that using an experimental design approach allows to have
a better overview of the performance of a protocol implementation.

We use a space-filling design to explore ~200 heterogeneous
environments within our parameter-space and thus were able to detect a
previously unknown performance issue within the Linux Kernel MPTCP implementation
and solve this issue.

The paper also includes a short comparative study of the coupled congestion
control vs. the Olia proposal.

Feedback is of course very welcome.

Cheers,
Christoph