Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02.txt

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:59:11 -0700

Hello,

we submitted a new version of the SYN-cookies draft.

In this new submission we addressed comments from Yoshifumi and Olivier:
 * clarify the case where the client has no data to send
 * extended the security section wrt to consuming buffer-space when servers
   use the mechanism described in Section 3.2

Further, we tried to make the suggested handshake clearer by restructuring
Section 3.1.

We will give a short presentation of this update at the IETF meeting in
Yokohama.

Regards,
Christoph

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

From: [email-masked]
To: Anumita Biswas <[email-masked]>, Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>, Anumita Biswas <[email-masked]>, Darren Haas <[email-masked]>, Darren Haas
	<[email-masked]>, Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:52:44 -0700
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christoph Paasch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies
Revision:	02
Title:		Making Multipath TCP robust for stateless webservers
Document date:	2015-10-14
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02

Abstract:
   This document proposes a modification of the MPTCP handshake that
   allows it to work efficiently with stateless servers.  We first
   identify the issues around stateless connection establishment using
   SYN-cookies.  Further, we suggest an extension to Multipath TCP to
   overcome these issues and discuss alternatives.

   As a side-effect, the proposed modification to the handshake opens
   the door to reduce the size of the MP_CAPABLE option in the SYN.
   This reduces the growing pressure on the TCP-option space in the SYN-
   segment, giving space for future extensions to TCP.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

----- End forwarded message -----