Subject: [multipathtcp] draft-boucadair-mptcp-radius

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 13:46:07 +0000

Dear all,

Comments about this draft (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-mptcp-radius-01) are more than welcome.

The design follows the recommendations in I-D.ietf-radext-datatypes<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-mptcp-radius-01#ref-I-D.ietf-radext-datatypes>.

Abstract

   One of the promising deployment scenarios for Multipath TCP (MPTCP)
   is to enable a Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) that is connected to
   multiple networks (e.g., DSL, LTE, WLAN) to optimize the usage of its
   network attachments.  Because of the lack of MPTCP support at the
   server side, some service providers consider a network-assisted model
   that relies upon the activation of a dedicated function called: MPTCP
   Concentrator.

   This document specifies a new Remote Authentication Dial-In User
   Service (RADIUS) attributes that carry the IP addresses that allow
   CPE devices to reach one or multiple MPTCP Concentrators.
Thank you.

Cheers,
Med