Subject: [multipathtcp] Proposition to enable data exchange when creating new additional subflows

From: Quentin De Coninck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 15:19:49 +0200

Hello all,

We recently published a technical report, "Every Millisecond Counts: 
Tuning Multipath TCP for Interactive Applications on Smartphones", 
available at http://hdl.handle.net/2078.1/185717.

One of the contributions of this work is to propose a new Multipath TCP 
option allowing hosts to send data when creating additional subflows. 
While TCP Fast Option relies on cookies exchanges, state is exchanged 
during Multipath TCP option and can thus be leveraged to achieve 0-RTT 
additional subflow establishments.

If interested, we can present our proposition at Prague.

Regards,

-- 

Quentin De Coninck
FNRS Research Fellow - PhD Student
ICTEAM / INGI
Ecole Polytechnique de Louvain
B – 1348 LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE (Belgium)