Subject: Please state the 'attacks' in public

From: "Phillip Hallam-Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 10:04:14 -0400

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

>Well, these attacks were only brought to my attention in Minneapolis.
>I believe that Roy and Rob are writing up a document and personally
>I am waiting to see what it says. I believe that Rob knows about this
>attack, and I'm fairly sure that Roy does as well.

Forgive me for asking for raising the same issue yet again, perhaps if
the substantive issues were addressed there would not be the need.

What are the security issues that Roy and Rob are addressing?

Why can they not be shared with the group as a whole?

If the AD needs advice on the security of OPTIN it would be more productive
to address those concerns to one of the people who has done an extensive
security analysis already.

My understanding from certain members of the cabal is that what Roy and Rob
have actually been asked to do is rehash the work on the necessity of the
protocol change.

I don't think that second guessing the working group on that issue is a
proper matter for the cabal.

As for Randy's splutterings about Black Helicopters, the existence of
false conspiracy theories does not disprove the existence of conspiracies.

		Phill

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>