Subject: Re: confession

From: Bill Woodcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:02:04 -0700 (PDT)

> i want to confess a process violation i took part in a few months ago.
    > there was this concall...
    > i apologize for my part in this, and i assure you all, i won't do it again.

Okay, that's it!  Turn in the keys to your black helicopter!

                                -Bill

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:13:48 -0700

At 11:47 AM 6/12/2002 -0700, Paul Vixie wrote:
>my understanding of ietf is probably naive, but by that understanding,
>we did not follow the official process in several ways.  number one, a
>meeting consisting of the wg chairs and the document authors should've
>been announced so that other interested parties could observe or attend,
>and number two, detailed notes about who said what and who convinced whom
>ought to have been published.  number three, the results should have been
>a series of recommendations to be discussed/debated on the mailing list,
>rather than a series of decisions adopted by the wg chairs and doc authors

Paul, for IETF situations that get to this stage of tension, your note is 
unusual and refreshing.  Perhaps it is your claimed naivete about the IETF 
that permits you to take such a helpful step.  In any event many thanks for 
your posting.

I'll reiterate that I think that numbers one and two were not at all 
problematic.

Number three is easily heeded and ought to permit the wg to move forward.

d/

----------
Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850