Subject: Re: draft-itojun-ipv6-nodeinfo-revlookup-00.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:29:49 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   	minor implementation problem - non-privileged programs cannot generate
   	ICMPv6.  so we need:

=> to solve this issue I added in my old "INRIA" stack at the request
of Alain Durand a SOCK_CONTROL socket type which has access to information
ICMPs.

   	- a root-privileged daemon that sends ICMPv6 node info query,
   	- communication channel from libc resolver to the daemon which does
   	  not lose scope info (DNS wire format doesn't work).  unix domain
   	  socket, shared memory, whatever.
   	current KAME revlookupd is problematical with respect to the latter
   	bullet.  http://www.kame.net/kame/kame/kame/revlookupd
   
Regards

[email-masked]

PS: the change is very small: a definition in sys/socket.h,
an entry in netinet[6]/in[6]_proto.c and some new "if" cases in
netinet[6]/raw_ip[6].c. I let Alain defend his (very good IMHO) idea.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>