Subject: list policy

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:01 -0700

[email-masked] is the mailing list for the ietf dnsext wg.  see
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsext-charter.html> for the wg charter.
messages should be on topics appropriate to the dnsext wg, which are various
discussion of the dns protocols or administrivia of the wg itself.

calls for papers, announcements of events not directly relevant to the dns
protocols, etc. are not appropriate.  discussion of problems with particular
implementations, announcements of releases, sites' misconfigurations, etc.
should be done on mailing lists for the particular implementations.

there is a wg for dns operational practice, dnsop, whose charter can be
found at <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsop-charter.html>.

there is a mailing list for discussion of whose implementation is better,
and why someone else's is broken.  it is [email-masked].  all
discussions of such nature should occur there or on /dev/null.  unlike the
namedroppers list, [email-masked] is not archived.

questions or concerns related to the acceptance or rejection of
specific messages to the namedroppers mailing list should first be
discussed with the wg chairs, with followup appeals using the normal
appeals process of rfc 2026 (i.e., follup with area directors, then
iesg, etc.).

there is a mailing list for the discussion of ietf processes, which
includes any general discussion of the moderation of ietf mailing
lists.  it is [email-masked]

---

NOTE WELL:

All statements related to the activities of the IETF and addressed to the 
IETF are subject to all provisions of Section 10 of RFC 2026, which grants 
to the IETF and its participants certain licenses and rights in such 
statements.

Such statements include verbal statements in IETF meetings, as well as 
written and electronic communications made at any time or place, which are 
addressed to

    - the IETF plenary session,
    - any IETF working group or portion thereof,
    - the IESG, or any member thereof on behalf of the IESG,
    - the IAB or any member thereof on behalf of the IAB,
    - any IETF mailing list, including the IETF list itself,
      any working group or design team list, or any other list
      functioning under IETF auspices,
    - the RFC Editor or the Internet-Drafts function

Statements made outside of an IETF meeting, mailing list or other function, 
that are clearly not intended to be input to an IETF activity, group or 
function, are not subject to these provisions.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>