Subject: Document review: draft-brand-drip-02.txt

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:54:20 -0400

This document has been submitted to the RFC editor for publication.
The IESG has asked the working group to comment on the DNS protocol aspects
of this document. This is one of the roles this working group has
in its charter.

The URI for the document is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brand-drip-02.txt

 From ID announce message:
>         Title           : Designated Relays Inquiry Protocol (DRIP)
>         Author(s)       : R. Brand, L. Sherzer, R. W. Rognlie
>         Filename        : draft-brand-drip-02.txt
>         Pages           : 21
>         Date            : 2003-10-15
>
>The Designated Relays Inquiry Protocol, DRIP, is a method for domain
>name owners to specify the IP addresses that are authorized to relay
>mail as a domain name. The protocol provides a method for server MTAs
>to reject SMTP connections from IP addresses not authorized to use a
>domain name.

Please send in any comments/suggestions about the DNS aspects of
this draft. Any commentary about the applicability of what is described
in the document is out of scope for this discussion.

The document proposes both a new RR type and a naming convention for it,
the first is directly in scope of the working group, the second one
probably is outside the scope of the working group.
Given that the naming convention is closely tied to the structure of
the proposed RR type, we will allow discussion about both.

The DNSEXT chairs will summarize any comments/suggestions received
to the IESG.

         Olafur

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:33:31 -0400

At 22:54 2003-10-17, Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair wrote:
<chair>

>the proposed RR type, we will allow discussion about both.

I made a mistake in my post.
Somehow I misread section 3.2 to mean it was defining ${TYPE}
as a new type. This document only defines a naming structure,
that uses A and AAAA records.

>The DNSEXT chairs will summarize any comments/suggestions received

We will close this review in 2 weeks.

         Olafur