Subject: comment on "DNSSEC Operational Practices" Term

From: "Scott Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:51:25 -0500

There is one disagreement between the DNSSEC Operational Practices draft and
the DNSSECbis Protocol draft.  That is how to classify and handle "BAD" RR
sets in responses.

The Appendix in the operational draft states that "BAD data is not cached."
However, the proto doc states that a resolver may want to have a "BAD" data
cache for various reasons.  Under normal circumstances, a resolver will not
want to cache proven BAD data (however you want to define BAD), but there
are cases where it might be useful for the resolver to have a BAD data
cache.

The punchline:  Everyone read the protocol draft and see if you agree with
the current wording on sections 3 and 4 regarding caching nameservers and
resolvers (please).  And read the operational practices draft (please. It is
another needed draft IMHO).

Scott

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>