Subject: Re: Proposal to fix NSEC

From: Roy Badami <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:15:20 +0100

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Bligh <[email-masked]> writes:

    Alex> See for instance item 8 at: http://tinyurl.com/2l59u

And although Alex doesn't state this explicitly, the PAB minutes
available at the URL above seem to indicate that it is Nominet's
stated policy that zone file protection takes precedence over DNSSEC
deployment.

Which means for me (as an end user) that I won't be getting a secure
delegation of my .org.uk domain in the foreseeable future...

	   -roy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Alex Bligh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:44:17 +0100

> stated policy that zone file protection takes precedence over DNSSEC

We are constrained by what is legal, and guided by what our stakeholders
want. Enumerable zonefiles seem to have problems on both grounds.
My assessment is that there is (perhaps wrongly) rather more stakeholder
interest in privacy aspects than DNSsec (to which the normal answer
is "what?").

> delegation of my .org.uk domain in the foreseeable future...

This would depend in part on whether or not the problem is fixable or
workroundable via NSEC2 or some other way. Nominet would love to deploy it,
indeed it's been a strategic objective for over a year:
 http://tinyurl.com/2mk8f

Alex