Subject: -proto -records ambiguity?

From: Suresh Krishnaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:47:42 -0400 (EDT)

In -records section 3 (last para):
"The TTL value of an RRSIG RR SHOULD match the TTL value of the RRset it
covers."

And in -proto section 2.2:
"For each authoritative RRset in a signed zone there MUST be at least one
RRSIG record that meets all of the following requirements:
...
o The RRSIG RR's TTL is equal to the TTL of the RRset"

I feel that the "SHOULD" in -records and "MUST" in -proto must somehow be
reconciled. If the expectation is to be able to have an RRset and its
corresponding RRSIG coexist with differing TTLs, does the above
referenced bulleted item in -proto really hold?

Suresh

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Scott Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:34:21 -0400

<speaking as non-editor>

I believe the MUST in the proto document is the correct way.  The TTL
statement in the Record draft should be changed to reflect that.

<speaking as editor>
D'oh.  Thanks for catching that.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Suresh Krishnaswamy" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 3:47 PM
Subject: -proto -records ambiguity?

> ....