Subject: Namedroppers Moderation policy change

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 13:53:49 -0400

At 02:35 2004-05-01, Olaf Kolkman wrote:

>- Moderation
>
>   Moderation is based on "subscriber-only with spam filter".

Effective now:
Posts over 20000 characters by subscribers will be moderated.

This is done to combat more intelligent virus mailers that forge
subscriber postings to the mailing list .
I apologize for the viruses that have made it out to the mailing
list over the weekend.

Effects on posting: since 2002/01/01 4915 messages have been posted,
a maximum[1] of 22 messages would have been affected by this policy
12 of them legitimate ones, 10 malware.

Send comments to chairs.
         thanks
         Ólafur (DNSEXT co-chair) (current Namedroppers moderator)

[1] Depends on how server counts size with or without headers.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>