Subject: Re: relevent?

From: Jim Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:27:02 +0100

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]> writes:

    Simon> Take the zone cut
    Simon> issue with NXT/NSEC, where you have two records with the
    Simon> same name/type/class, but must not confuse the two as one
    Simon> comes from the parent zone and one from the child zone.
    Simon> Catering for this wart may require changes to the backend
    Simon> of a DNS cache.  Recall that NO (and likely also NSEC2, but
    Simon> I haven't read it) fixes the zone cut issue.

To "fix the zone cut issue", a delegation's NS and any glue records
would need to be in exactly one place: the child or parent, probably
the parent. AFAIK, the NO and NSEC2 drafts don't suggest that.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:54:27 +0200

> the parent. AFAIK, the NO and NSEC2 drafts don't suggest that.

Right.  I meant the additional zone cut issue introduced by DNSSEC.
To fix the issue completely would require more drastic measures, but
I'm not sure anyone has been suggesting this.

Regards,
Simon