Subject: draft-arends-dnsnr-00

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:16:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, I've just submitted draft-arends-dnsnr-00.txt as an individual draft.
This draft sollicits acceptance by the DNSEXT working group. The draft
can be found at http://www.logmess.com/~roy/draft-arends-dnsnr-00.txt

Abstract:

   This document describes the DNSNR Resource Record (RR) for the
   Non-Repudiation (NR) of Existence service in the context of the DNS
   Security Extensions (DNSSEC).  The DNSNR is an alternative to NSEC or
   "Authenticated Denial of Existence" Resource Records.

   A signed DNSNR RR protects security-aware DNS components against
   false denial of existence of RRsets by providing the RR types that
   exist for its ownername, which optionally includes a
   non-authoritative delegation point NS RR type.  Labels in the
   ownername and the RDATA may be a hash-value as a defense against zone
   traversal.

   The DNSNR is an alternative to current NSEC or "Authenticated Denial
   of Existence" records.

Thanks,

Roy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>