Subject: Denial of Existence: Requirements

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:55:39 +0200

Dear colleagues,
 
DNSSEC-bis is about to go out of the door.  It is now time to start
some work on the denial of existence problem (among other work in
DNSEXT).
 
In order to not be surprised at a later stage we would like to start
with making an inventory of the requirements for this work. We have
found two document editors who are willing to collect requirements
off-list and write these down in an internet-draft that can be
presented in San Diego [*].
 
We want to be careful that drawing up the requirements does not end
up in a 'bashing party' and we do not want to go into the feasibility
of the requirements.

Once the requirements are collected and published we want to assign a
priority to them (a WG task). Some requirements may be dropped to
achieve others, we want to know up-front which requirements are of
least value.

Only after this work has been done we can go off and try to find a
solution to our problems.

Please send your requirements, in the form of use cases, policy
language, or your favorite functional requirement language to Ben
Laurie <[email-masked]> _and_ Rip Loomis <[email-masked]> 
who have kindly volunteered to be the editors for this work.

--Olaf and Olafur
   DNSEXT co-Chairs.

[*] or an initial post to the mailinglist so that we have discussion 
    material in San Diego where we have set aside a 1 hour slot on discussing
    "the future of DNSSEC"

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>