Subject: IANA registry for SRV record names

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:00:43 -0400

Hi,

  I'd like to draw your attention to:

        Title           : An IANA Registry for DNS SRV service names
        Author(s)       : B. Fenner
        Filename        : draft-fenner-iana-dns-srv-00.txt
        Pages           : 5
        Date            : 2005-6-21
        
   This document proposes a registry for service names used in DNS SRV
   records.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fenner-iana-dns-srv-00.txt

Basically, it proposes clarifying what I've always thought was a
misunderstanding about which part of RFC 1700 was meant by RFC 2782 -
people take it to mean what's now the port-numbers file, where I
thought it might have originally meant what's now service-names.

I'm interested in what people think of the plan, and particularly
whether it makes sense to do the proposed wholesale copy of the names
from the ports registry to the service-names one or a more complex
migration is appropriate.

Thanks,
  Bill

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>