Subject: DNSEXT WGLC: RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:48:54 -0400

This message starts a 2 week Working Group Last call ending on
November 1, for the two following documents:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2536bis-dsa-06.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2539bis-dhk-06.txt

These two documents replace older RFC's to reflect the fact DSA and
Diffie-Hellman keying information is encoded the same way in KEY and
DNSKEY RR's (and other DNS RR types).
The documents contain few minor textual changes from the RFC's they are
replacing, including references to the DNSSEC-bis documents.

These documents are on standards track and will be recycled at
proposed standard, to be at the same level as DNSSEC-bis.

The default action is to advance these documents, if you find any
issues with the documents please raise them now.

	Olafur & Olaf 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:07:51 -0400 (EDT)

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2539bis-dhk-06.txt

I have not thoroughly reviewed either of these drafts, nor do I plan
to do so in the immediate future.

> issues with the documents please raise them now.

I oppose this default and, in particular, I oppose publication of
these two documents under this WG's name without a meaningful review.
If the WG cannot find the resources to review these documents, then we
should consider dropping them as WG work items.

-- Sam