Subject: DNSSEC explanation, comments?

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 14:55:14 +0200

Hi everybody,

After talking to people at the DENIC Technical Meeting this week I've
decided to take another look at DNSSEC(-bis) for possible inclusion in
PowerDNS.

For me the way to understand things is to document them somewhat and to this
end I've written 

                           http://ds9a.nl/dnssec/

  (source: http://ds9a.nl/dnssec/dnssec.xml should you be inclined to send
                                  patches)

I'm fully aware I know little about DNSSEC so there are bound to be
technical mistakes in the document above, and I'm interested in hearing
about them.

If after a while it turns out that the page above has become technically
correct, I can give it some wider dissemination. I think it makes good
prior-reading material for Olaf's HOWTO.

I'd also like to request that we do not turn this into a discussion on my
personal ideas about DNSSEC (which are that I'm not sure if it is useful),
if at all possible.

Thanks!

-- 
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software 
http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>