Subject: draft-josefsson-openpgp-mailnews-header and draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-09.txt

From: Anand Kumria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:25:32 +1100

Hi there,

The openpgp-mailnews-header defines a mechanism for senders to notify
recipients of both their preferences (w.r.t OpenPGP keys) and the keying
material to be used (e.g. keyid).

dnsext-rfc2538bis defines a mechanism where keying material is stored
within the DNS (e.g. OpenPGP).  The overlap here is that users may wish
to store their key in the DNS (via dnsext-rfc2538bis) and refer to them
using openpgp-mailnews-header.

Since openpgp-mailnews-header specifies using a URI to refer to the
location, it would seem -- to me at least -- that there needs to be some
kind of URI specification to allow you to refer to DNS resource records.

Is there one already, or work underway to produce a DNS URI spec.?

Cheers,
Anand

-- 
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are
  forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how
  holy the motives' -- Robert A Heinlein, "If this goes on --"