Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: DNS Extensions WG (dnsext)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:15:01 -0500

The charter of the DNS Extensions (dnsext) working
group in the Internet Area of the IETF has been updated.  For additional
information, please contact the Area Directors or the working group
Chairs.

+++

DNS Extensions (dnsext)
--------------------------

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]> 

Internet Area Director(s):
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> 
Mark Townsley <[email-masked]> 

Internet Area Advisor:
Mark Townsley <[email-masked]> 

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/

Description of Working Group:

The DNS has a large installed base and repertoire of protocol
specifications. The DNSEXT WG group will actively advance DNS
protocol-related RFCs on the standards track while thoroughly
reviewing further proposed extensions. The scope of the DNSEXT WG is
confined to the DNS protocol, particularly changes that affect DNS
protocols "on the wire" or the internal processing of DNS data. DNS
operations are out of scope for the WG.

The WG will limit itself to review of proposals for new extensions, 
clarification to the DNS protocol, including DNSSEC, and review of
DNS protocol related work which may originate elsewhere in the IETF,
including AD-sponsored submissions or drafts in other working groups. 
Adoption of new DNSEXT standards track working group items will require 
changes to this charter. The WG does not intend to hold face to face 
meetings, though may do so if deemed necessary for resolution of a 
specific issue at hand.

The DNSEXT WG will conduct the specified RFC2929bis review of RR
templates as they are posted and also maintain a living ID of errata
for the DNSSEC document set.

Milestones:
Feb 2008 RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis advanced to IESG.
Mar 2008 DNAMEbis advanced to IESG
Jun 2008 Forgery Resilience advanced to IESG

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>