Subject: Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-08.txt

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:08:34 +1000

Note 2.1.1.a Set to any value that the client desires.  There
is no specific means for selecting the value in this field.
(Recall that AXFR is done only via TCP connections.)

	I would still be making the point that the id MUST NOT match any
	other outstanding id on the TCP session.

Also why doesn't the draft meet the formating guidelines?  I know the
RFC editor will correct it but it is a little harder to read as it is
currently formatted.

	Mark

-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:57:46 +0200 (MESZ)

>     other outstanding id on the TCP session.

+1

> RFC editor will correct it but it is a little harder to read as it is

Cf. the announcement:

At Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:00:01 -0700 (PDT), [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.
> 
>       Title           : DNS Zone Transfer Protocol (AXFR)
>       Author(s)       : E. Lewis
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-08.txt
>       Pages           : 1                      <<<<---------  :-)  :-)
>       Date            : 2008-6-2

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:50:01 -0400

>RFC editor will correct it but it is a little harder to read as it is

Do you mean the lack of pagination?  If so - because it's a pain to 
add them in vi.  I wait until the draft stabilizes before adding 
them.  (That's the way I've been doing it for years.)  And then I add 
the Table of Contents, etc.

Other than that, what formatting guidelines are a problem?
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

Never confuse activity with progress.  Activity pays more.