Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNS Zone Transfer Protocol (AXFR)
	Author(s)	: A. Gustafsson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-08.txt
	Pages		: 1
	Date		: 2008-6-2
	
The Domain Name System standard facilities for maintaining coherent
servers for a zone consist of three elements.  The Authoritative
Transfer (AXFR) is defined in RFC 1034 and RFC 1035.  The Incremental
Zone Transfer (IXFR) is defined in RFC 1995.  A mechanism for prompt
notification of zone changes (NOTIFY) is defined in RFC 1996.  The base
definition of these facilities, that of the AXFR, has proven
insufficient in detail, resulting in no implementation complying with
it. Yet today we have a satisfactory set of implementations that do
interoperate. This document is a new definition of the AXFR, new in the
sense that is it recording an accurate definition of an interoperable
AXFR mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.