Subject: Text added to DNAME-bis draft Section 3.4

From: Scott Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:56:43 -0400

Based on Florian's comment (seconded by Paul Vixie):

  I would like to see section 3.4 updated with language like
  this:

 "If a recursive caching name server encounters a DNAME RR which
  contradicts information already in the cache (excluding CNAME
  records), it SHOULD NOT cache the DNAME RR, but it MAY cache the
  CNAME record received along with it or synthesized from the DNAME
  record, subject the rules for CNAME caching."

Added to the draft if there are no objections (so far - none).

Scott (and Wouter)
-- 
----------------------------------------
Scott Rose            Computer Scientist
NIST
ph: +1 301-975-8439
[email-masked]

http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/dnssec
http://www.dnsops.gov/
-----------------------------------------

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>