Subject: [NAT] Fwd: 50th IETF NAT minutes

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 06:42:14 -0700 (PDT)

Slides for this meeting are available at 

http://www.net-standards.org/NAT-MIB.ppt and
http://www.net-standards.org/nat-interface.ppt

NAT WG meeting minutes - 50th IETF - Minneapolis, MN - March 20, 2001, 14:15
=========================================================================

 Chairs: Pyda Srisuresh - [email-masked]
         Matt Holdrege  - [email-masked]

 Scribed by Daniel Senie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGENDA:

1. NAT MIB draft    - Rajiv, Rohit & Nalin  - 20 mins.
   <draft-ietf-nat-natmib-00.txt>
 
2. NAT friendly design Guidelines draft     - 10 mins.
   <draft-ietf-nat-app-guide-04.txt>
   (Ready for WG last call? )

3. NAT interface framework draft            - 10 mins.
   <draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-02.txt>
   (Ready for WG last call? )

4. WG current status & Revised milestones   - 10 mins.

5. Miscellaneous                            - 10 mins.

<draft-ietf-nat-natmib-00.txt>

  Suresh covered the NAT MIB overview on behalf of the authors. 

  MIB in 3 groups: 
    * configuration group, covering NAT configuration.
    * BIND group, covering BINDs and sessions.
    * Statistics group, covering NAT statistics. 

  (See overheads for the details)

  Open Issues:
    * Notification not covered yet.
    * Should the MIB be made extensible to cover IP protocols
      other than TCP and UDP?

  Suresh(commenting on the second open item): We should try to 
      keep the MIB under control. TCP/UDP/ICMP are the primary 
      items. We should be careful about extending beyond. Suggest
      scoping the MIB to just those protocols.

  There were no comments from the group. 

  Matt: Should we consider a separate MIB for the ALGs (or)
       should be extend NAT MIB to include MIB for ALGs?

  Suresh: ALG MIB should probably be independent. Not sure, if it
       is a good idea to extend NAT MIB for ALGs.
         
<draft-ietf-nat-app-guide-04.txt>

  Daniel spoke briefly to ask for any final comments. 
  No comments from the floor. 

  Suresh said he would meet off-line and provide some feedback 
  and suggest text to include on peer-to-peer connectivity.
 
  Chairs said the draft will be sent for WG last call, right after 
  the meeting. 

<draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-02.txt>

  Suresh presented the slides.

  There has been some interface with the MIDCOM work group.
  So Suresh reworked his slides a bit to orient the information 
  in that direction.

  The draft Provides the ability to externalize NAT middlebox 
  ALG processing and resource control. 

  The draft provides the following types of interface:
    * Session-oriented, Service-neutral interface
    * Asynchronous Call-back from NAT middlebox to ext. agents.
    * NAT service specific interface
        - to manage BINDs and NAT specific session parameters.

  (See overheads for the details)

  Suresh asked for comments. No comments from the floor. 

  Chairs said the draft will be sent for WG last call, right after 
  the meeting, when the next rev of the draft is ready.

<WG current status & Revised milestones>

  We reviewed the milestones and the only question was about RSIP. 
  Chairs noted that all RSIP drafts approved by IESG for
  publication as Experimental, in queue with RFC Editor/IANA.

  Chairs noted that MIB draft is the major remaining work item. 
  App-guide and interface-framework will be going to WG last call 
  shortly.

<END of Meeting>

=====

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. 
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
nat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nat