Subject: Re: [nat66] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-blake-nptv6-icmp-01.txt]

From: Steven Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:47:39 -0400

On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 00:38 -0500, Steven Blake wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 16:58 -0800, Dan Wing wrote:
> 
> > Thanks for forwarding a pointer to that document.
> > 
> > You might also see RFC5508, "NAT Behavioral Requirements for ICMP".
> > RFC5508 includes a reference to ICMP Extensions (RFC4884) which, while
> > rare in the wild, are probably worth describing so they are handled
> > properly.  Hairpinning of ICMP messages may also be worth pointing out
> > to implementers (so that pinging the 'external' address works, among
> > other things).  It might be worth also pointing out that ICMP echo
> > request/reply doesn't require special handling.  
> 
> Thanks for the pointers Dan.  I was unaware of RFCs 5508 and 4884.  We
> will take a look and revise as you suggest.

Hi Dan,

I just submitted http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-blake-nptv6-icmp-02
today.  I hope that it addresses your comments.

If there are no more review comments on the draft, we will request
publication as an individual submission.

Regards,

// Steve

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:57:22 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steven Blake [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 9:48 PM
> To: Dan Wing
> Cc: 'nat66'; Terry Moës
> Subject: Re: [nat66] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-blake-nptv6-icmp-01.txt]
> 

Yes, thanks.  One small nit that I will email separately.

-d