Subject: [Nea] NEA BOF will meet at IETF 66

From: "Stephen Hanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:17:09 -0400

Here's a link to the IETF 66 preliminary agenda, which was
published last night. The NEA BOF is currently listed
for Tuesday, July 11, 9-11:30 AM EDT. So we will meet
in Montreal!

NOTE that our meeting date and time are definitely subject
to change until the final schedule is published next Monday.
In fact, the IETF warns that the schedule is always subject
to change. They recommend that you always come for the whole week.
However, my experience is that changes to the final schedule
are rare and usually made only with the approval of BOF or WG
chairs. I will oppose any last-minute changes in time for the
NEA BOF since I know that some interested parties will only
be able to come for a few days. Therefore, if you want to come
for less than the full week you should be able to make your
travel plans for IETF 66 once the final schedule comes out on
June 19. Of course, there are benefits to coming for the whole
week. You can participate in other IETF sessions, learn more
about the IETF, get to know other NEA BOF participants in a
more informal setting, and participate in any ad hoc discussions
that might happen. Also, Montreal is a pretty nice place to
spend a week in summertime!

Whether you come for the week or only for the BOF meeting,
I hope you will be able to attend the NEA BOF meeting.
The meeting will focus on our charter. I expect we will
discuss and work through many critical issues that will
affect our work for the next few years. There's only so
much we can do on the email list, especially since many
IETF participants have opinions about NEA but aren't
active on the email list. If you care about NEA, I strongly
suggest that you plan to attend.

Thanks,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF Secretariat [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:36 PM
To: IETF Announcement list
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: 66th IETF - Preliminary Agenda 

66th IETF Meeting
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
July 9-14, 2006
Hosted by Ericsson  http://www.ericsson.com

The preliminary agenda is now available at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-66.html

This preliminary agenda is subject to change.  The final agenda will be
available on Monday, June 19.

Tutorial Change: The "Introduction to Working Group Leadership" tutorial
on
Sunday has been replaced with "What MIB Document Editors Need to Know".
A
description of this MIB tutorial can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/Sunday_Sessions.html

Less than 30 days until IETF 66 in Montreal.  Register at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-66.html

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea