Subject: [Nea] Document Action: 'Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:38:12 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-07.txt

Technical Summary

    This document defines the problem statement, scope and
    protocol requirements between the components of the NEA
    (Network Endpoint Assessment) reference model.  NEA provides
    owners of networks (e.g. an enterprise offering remote access)
    a mechanism to evaluate the posture of a system.  This may
    take place during the request for network access and/or
    subsequently at any time while connected to the network.
    The learned posture information can then be applied to a
    variety of compliance oriented decisions.  The posture
    information is frequently useful for detecting systems
    that are lacking or have out of date security protective  
    mechanisms such as: anti-virus and host-based firewall
    software.
 
Working Group Summary
 
    This document is a product of the Network Endpoint Assessement 
    (nea) Working Group.  There is strong consensus in the WG to
    publish this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Tim Polk reviewed this specification for the IESG.  There is at least
   one group of WG participants drafting protocol specifications to
   meet the requirements in this document.

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: "Susan Thomson (sethomso)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:06:07 -0400

The WGLC on -07 version of the NEA requirements draft ended last week
without negative comment. Based on discussions at the last IETF and the
result of the Last Call, it was the judgement of the WG chairs that we
have consensus on the changes to the document.

The document was recently re-submitted to our AD, Tim Polk, to review
the changes in the IESG with the intent to publish as Info RFC. As you
can see, the approval announcement has recently been posted.

Thank you to the editors and all WG participants for their efforts on
this document.

Susan and Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
The IESG
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:38 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; nea mailing list; nea chair; RFC Editor
Subject: [Nea] Document Action: 'Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA):
Overview and Requirements' to Informational RFC

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Protocol Quality