Subject: [Nea] RFC 6813 on The Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) Asokan Attack Analysis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:26:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6813

        Title:      The Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) 
                    Asokan Attack Analysis 
        Author:     J. Salowey, S. Hanna
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15899
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nea-asokan-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6813.txt

The Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) protocols are subject to a subtle
forwarding attack that has become known as the NEA Asokan Attack.
This document describes the attack and countermeasures that may be
mounted.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification;
it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC