Subject: [nemo] Dynamic Routing Protocol Operation on MR

From: Koshiro MITSUYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:16:58 +0900

Hello,

Dose anyone have a good idea how to operate or implement Dynamic
Routing Protocl Support on MR?

The specification said, 

7. Support for Dynamic Routing Protocols

   <skip>

   When the Mobile Router is attached to the home link, it runs a
   routing protocol by sending routing updates through its egress
   interface.  When the mobile router moves and attaches to a visited
   network, it MUST stop sending routing updates on the interface with
   which it attaches to the visited link.  This is very important so
   that IPv6 prefixes specific to the Mobile Network do not leak into
   the visited network.  The Mobile Router then starts sending routing
   protocol messages through the bi-directional tunnel towards the Home
   Agent.  Most routing protocols use link local addresses as source
   addresses for the routing information messages.  The Mobile Router is
   allowed to use link local addresses for the inner IPv6 header of an
   encapsulated packet.  But these messages after decapsulation MUST NOT
   be forwarded to another link by either the Mobile Router or the Home
   Agent.

   <skip>

My problem is, how the routing daemon on MR stop the advertisement?
how to change the advertised interface between the egress interface
and bi-directional tunnel?

I remember a solution (maybe Pascal said on the ML). MR has a virtual
interface like vif0 which pointing the bi-directional tunnel. When MR
move to foreign from home, MR change the configuration of routing
daemon like eth0 to vif0 and restart the routing daemon.

Is this the best way? If there is another method, please teach me.

thank you,
Koshiro