Subject: [nemo] Re: [Mip4] Questions on draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-02.txt

From: William D Ivancic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:47:15 -0500

Hello Alex,  MIP4 and nemo:

Regarding dynamic HA assignments in IPv4 
(draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-02.txt) and nemo/IPv6 
(draft-wakikawa-mip6-nemo-haha-00).  I find some similarities and find 
these concepts very useful.  I have had to opportunity to work with the 
dynamic HA in IPv4.  Some of the potential architectures that can take 
advantage of the tools provided by these proposed protocols are documented 
in a paper entitled "Use of Mobile-IP Priority Home Agents for Aeronautics, 
Space Operations and Military Applications."   The draft paper is available 
at the following URL:

http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~ivancic/papers_presentations/PID1317.pdf

Will

At 08:21 PM 11/7/2003 +0100, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:
><[email-masked]> writes:
> >       Title           : Mobile IPv4 Dynamic Home Agent Assignment Framework
> >       Author(s)       : M. Kulkarni, A. Patel, K. Leung
> >       Filename        : draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-02.txt
> >       Pages           : 21
> >       Date            : 2003-10-17
>
>Hi to MIP4 members, I've read this draft because it relates to a
>similar draft for Mobile IPv6 with which I got familiar weeks ago.
>
>I was wondering if I can get IPv4-specific clarification for the
>motivation behind this idea.

---

From: William D Ivancic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:47:15 -0500

Will