Subject: [nemo] Draft Update: Failover for multiple mobile routers

From: Jiho Ryu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:25:36 +0900

Hi all,

We submit a updated version of our draft the failover for multiple
mobile routers in a mobile network.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ryu-nemo-mr-failover-01.txt

Here is an abstract:

This draft proposed the use of multiple mobile routers in a single
NEMO. A failed mobile router is taken over by another mobile router
using "prefix peer" relationship among mobile routers in a NEMO.
"prefix peer" relationship enables a mobile router's prefix to be
handled by another mobile router.

Any questions and comments are welcome at anytime. :-)

Regards
Jiho Ryu.

-- Ryu, Jiho
Master Course
Multimedia and Mobile Communications Lab.,
School of Computer Science and Engineering
Seoul National University

---

From: Manabu Tsukada <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:13:12 +0900

Dear Jiho,

I have some questions and comments for the draft.

Appendix.1  Interface Failure:
>  When the egress (or ingress) interface of MR1 fails, MR1
>  sends an FN message including the HA address of MR1 through an
>  ingress (or egress) interface to inform MR2.
What mechanism do you assume MR1 to know MR2's address? 
When ingress interface of MR1 fails, MR1 need to know MR2's egress or 
ingress interface address to send Failure Notify message, right?

Appendix.2  MR Failure
> (We only consider the case that
> an MR and a PMR share same IP subnet so they can here their own RA
> each other.  After all, if MR2 does not hear a predetermined number
> of consecutive RA messages of MR1, MR2 concludes that MR1 itself
> failed.) 
How MR2 distinguish between MR1 itself failure and MR1's ingress
interface failure? MR2 can not conclude MR1 itself failure
by hearing RA, because MR2 can not hear RA from MR1 in both case 
(itself failure and ingress failure), right?

And I think RA is not good way to discover MR itself failure
because RA is sent once in 200 - 600 seconds (default value in *BSD).
How do you feel?

We have analyzed multiple MRs cooperation in the document named
draft-tsukada-nemo-mr-cooperation-analysis-00.txt.
Please refer the document, if it is useful to share your idea clearly.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsukada-nemo-mr-cooperation-analysis-00.txt

Regards,
	Manabu Tsukada

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:25:36 +0900

-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Keio University     Murai Laboratory
Manabu Tsukada<[email-masked]>
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-