Subject: [nemo] Mobile Platform Problem Statement and Aviation Requirements Drafts

From: "Ivancic, William D. \(GRC-RCN0\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:38:11 -0500

Here are the links of the drafts Terry Davis referred to regarding
Aviation industry concerns.  Problems are relevant to NEMO, MONAMI6 and
perhaps NETLMM and others.  We suspect that other groups besides just
the aviation industry are finding similar problems and may benefit from
some standardized solutions.   Note, one MAJOR concern for aviation
commanding is safety of flight and safety of life.  So time-critical
reliable commanding is something aviation has to address with the
exception of the in-flight entertainment systems.  

Will Ivancic

=======================================================
 Multi-Domained, Multi-Homed Mobile Networks  
 draft-ivancic-mobile-platforms-problem-00.txt 

Abstract 

   This document describes numerous problems associated with deployment 
   of multi-homed mobile platforms consisting of multiple networks and 
   traversing large geographical areas.  The purpose of this document is

   to provide insight to real-world deployment issues and provide 
   information to working groups that are addressing many issues related

   to multi-homing, policy-base routing, route optimization and mobile 
   security.    

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ivancic-mobile-platforms-probl
em-00.txt

            Aviation Global Internet Operations Requirements
                     draft-davis-aviationreq-00.txt

Abstract

   The commercial aviation industry is among the first to develop and
   deploy mobile networks capable of utilizing Internet communications
   services around the world.  In development of this capability the
   industry developed their own standards for the use of IP based
   communications within the aircraft and on the direct connected off-
   board links.  This document defines aviation's desired Internet
   usages and capabilities and the gaps the industry sees in basic
   Internet technology required for the full utilization of the Internet
   by mobile platforms.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-davis-aviationreq-00.txt