Subject: [nemo] CfP WWIC 2007

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:08:38 +0200

Our apologies for duplicate postings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS

WWIC 2007
5th International Conference on Wired / Wireless Internet Communications
May 23-25 2007, Coimbra, Portugal
http://wwic2007.dei.uc.pt   

Next generation mobile networks will be based on Internet core networks
and wireless access networks. The need for efficient merging of the
wired and wireless infrastructure as well as the new multimedia services
and applications of next generation networks call for novel network
architectures, protocols and traffic-related mechanisms. WWIC addresses
research topics such as the design and evaluation of protocols, the
dynamics of the integration, the performance tradeoffs, the need for new
performance metrics, and cross-layer interactions.

The goal of the conference is to present high-quality results in the
field, and to provide a framework for research collaboration through
focused discussions that will designate future research efforts and
directions. In this context, the program committee will accept only a
limited number of papers that meet the criteria of originality,
presentation quality and topic relevance.

Important dates:
Submission deadline: December 8, 2006   
Notification of acceptance: February 19, 2007           
Camera ready papers: February 28, 2007

Conference topics:
The conference objectives will be pursued through highly technical
sessions organized thematically and invited keynote talks offered by
recognized experts. Topics of interest to WWIC 2007 include (but are not
limited to) the following:
AAA in mobile environments, Ambient networks, Ad-hoc mobile networks,
Blended network configurations, Beyond 3G networks technologies, Cross
layer interactions, Economical issues of wireless networks, End-to-end
Quality of Service support, Handover techniques, Heterogeneous wireless
access networks, Hybrid wired / wireless environments, Integration of
wired and wireless networks, Mobile service level agreements /
specification, Mobility management, Network design and network planning,
Network mobility, Network coding in mobile networks, Network security in
mobile environments, Performance evaluation of wireless systems,
Pricing, charging and accounting in wireless networks, QoS routing in
mobile networks, QoS signalling in mobile environments, Resource
management and admission control, Service creation and management for
wireless, Simulation for next generation mobile networks, Traffic
characterisation and modeling, Traffic engineering, Transport protocols
and congestion control, Wireless mesh networks, Wireless multi-hop
networks, Wireless multimedia systems, Wireless network monitoring
Wireless sensor networks

Proceedings:
The authors are encouraged to submit full papers describing original,
previously unpublished, complete research, not currently under review by
another conference or journal, addressing state-of-the-art research and
development in all areas of computer networking and data communications.
All papers will be reviewed and accepted papers will appear in the
conference proceedings, published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS series
(approval pending). Papers must be submitted electronically. The maximum
size of papers should be 5000 words including tables and figures. Please
adhere to the formatting standard for a 12-page manuscript of
Springer-Verlag LNCS. The cover page must contain an abstract of about
150 words, 3-5 keywords, name and affiliation of author(s) as well as
the corresponding author's e-mail and postal address.

There will be a Best Paper Award for the best submitted paper.

-- 
¡ASÓCIATE! Gratis para estudiantes  http://www.telematica.ws
 Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano     http://www.netcoms.net
 GPG FP: BFF1 7C7A 6AA7 BCE3 885A  4DF1 ED0C 5952 BF89 B974