Subject: [nemo] Special Issue on WiMAX and 3G/3.5G Wireless Technologies for HealthCare Applications

From: Yang Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:56:52 -0800 (PST)

WiMAX and 3G/3.5G Wireless Technologies for HealthCare Applications

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijta/si/wimax.html

Call for Papers

Rapid advances in wireless and network technologies, such as IEEE
80.16/WiMAX and other 

broadband wireless access (BWA) systems, will open new opportunities
for health care 

delivery and deployment scenarios. The convergence of these BWA around
mobile health 

systems will also enable the use of these new broadband technologies
for efficient 

healthcare and cost effective access anytime and anywhere. These new
wireless 

telemedical scenarios will have a powerful impact on the way different
healthcare 

organizations deliver healthcare to their patients. The integration of
these 

technologies with other emerging 3.G/4G network technologies from the
mobile healthcare 

perspective needs further research and is still an open study field.
This special issue 

is concerned with the development, dissemination, and use of these
emerging network 

architectures for the next generation of m-health systems.

The purpose of this special issue is to assemble original and
innovative contributions 

in the area of mobile technologies for health care applications,
especially applications 

that leverage the new high-speed wireless technologies such as WiMAX
and other BWA 

access methodologies and architectures for mobile healthcare and next
generation of 

wireless telemedical systems. Authors are invited to submit papers
addressing (but not 

limited to) the following topics:

WiMAX-based mobile telemedical applications 
Wireless multimedia systems for health care
Multimedia delivery over 3.5/4G networks
New mobile health architectures and applications
Authors should follow the International Journal of Telemedicine and
Applications 

manuscript format described at the journal site
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijta/. 

Prospective authors should submit an electronic copy of their complete
manuscript 

through the journal Manuscript Tracking System at
http://mts.hindawi.com/, according to 

the following timetable: 

Manuscript Due February 1, 2008 
First Round of Reviews May 1, 2008 
Publication Date August 1, 2008 

Guest Editors

Robert S. H. Istepanian, Mobile Information and Network Technologies
Research Center, Kingston University, London, and St. George's
University of London, UK

Aura Ganz, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
University of 

Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA