Subject: [MEXT] New MIPv6 flow routing draft

From: Michael Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:21:49 +0200

Tjupp!

I have just submitted draft-eriksson-mext-mipv6-routing-rules-00. It
describes how to do flow routing for mobile nodes with multiple CoA
registrations, by applying the generic flow distribution language in
draft-larsson-mext-flow-distribution-rules-00 to MIPv6.

It uses a new signaling mechanism, which separates rule updates from
the handover management, and gives the possibility to send rules in a
bidirectional manner (both MN->HA and HA->MN). We think that these are
major and necessary advantages compared to existing solutions.

The draft also shows a real-life use of the new MIPv6 Generic
Signaling Messages (previously Generic Notification Messages). It
introduces some suggestions for MGSMs:

- Reserve some of the rejection code space in Acknowledgements for per
  request type codes, for example codes 192-255.

- MN-CN signaling must also be protected.

- Maybe we will need a way to increase the maximum size of MGSM above
  its current 2048 octet limit (which is inherited from HM).

Feedback is very welcome!

(We are entering the vacation season, so there may be some delay in
responding.)

Regards,
Michael
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext