Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-01.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2008-08-28

This document defines the revocation semantics for terminating a
mobile node's mobility session and associated resources.  These
semantics are generic enough and can be used by mobility entities in
the case of Client Mobile IPv6 and its extensions.  This mechanism
allows the mobility entity which initiates the revocation procedure
to request its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or
all specified binding cache entries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:32:32 -0500

Hello Folks,

A new revision of the Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility draft have
been published addressing the following:

1. Using one MH type for Binding Revocation Message.

2. Using a Binding Revocation Field to further identify the Binding
Revocation Message type, BRI or BRA, this way we only have one MH type
to worry about.

3. In case of DS IP addresses, allow the LMA to revoke the IPv4 binding
to the current pCoA while the binding of the IPv6 Address/HNP is still
active by defining a new Revocation Trigger.

4. Adding a section to address how BRI and BRA messages is exchanged in
case of MAG being behind a NAT. Basically referencing PMIPv6 Support
IPv4 Transport draft. Thanks to Vijay for sharing similar text related
to  path management draft.

Please take a look and let me know if you have any comments or
questions. 
Thanks in advance for your review.

Regards,
Ahmad

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [MEXT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-01.txt
> 
> This document defines the revocation semantics for 
> terminating a mobile node's mobility session and associated 
> resources.  These semantics are generic enough and can be 
> used by mobility entities in the case of Client Mobile IPv6 
> and its extensions.  This mechanism allows the mobility 
> entity which initiates the revocation procedure to request 
> its corresponding one to terminate either one, multiple or 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-0
1.txt
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>